Soaked pass. side carpeting AGAIN... And my local dealer’s response!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Typr04

Reaction score
This is gonna be a long post... My apologies in advance:
So around 4K miles I realized that I had a noticeably wet pass. side carpet. I immediately went to the condensate drain and found it to be free-flowing, without any clogs. So I then went to the Internet and found that there was a TSB issued regarding the elbow fix...
I called my local dealer and took it in for its first service together with the request that they install the aforementioned elbow as described in the TSB...
They had the truck for 2 1/2 days and promised me that the carpet was dried out and that there was no mildew issues.
Fast forward a little over a month and a half and almost 4000 miles later (yes, I use this truck as a work vehicle and rack up the miles as a home inspector in central FL).
At this point the passenger side carpet was completely saturated like a sponge so I took it back the very next day to the same dealership. After over a week with no updates I called and they told me that the elbow had been installed incorrectly (how the F?!) and that there is now mildew issues in the carpet and padding and that they would gladly install an entirely new carpet in the entire truck since it’s all one piece. This is the last thing I wanted to hear!
I’ve had a loaner vehicle since the day I dropped it off and now, almost 3 weeks later they tell me that it will be around Christmas when a new carpet is available and probably the first of the year when I get the truck back! That’s almost 2 full months for something that NEVER should’ve been an issue to begin with!
HOW is this even right?!? Add to the salt in my wound, the ONLY vehicle they’ve been able to loan me is an Escape! Yeah, an Escape.... in those 3 weeks I’ve put in a miserably mind numbing 2k miles on this POS and miss my Raptor more than I thought possible!

Sooooo, anyone else gone through this issue and to this extent?! And what’s the likelihood that it’s going to be a recurring issue?!?
I love my Leadfoot Beast, but c’mon Ford! SERIOUSLY?!?!

Take your truck back and they can call you when the carpet comes in. I do that at my local dealer. They prefer I keep it so they don’t have to store it and essentially protect it from the hobos.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty bad that a tech can’t install and elbow and some aluminum tape correctly. Unless it’s a health hazard, I’d take the truck back and have them call you when the carpet comes in. Why let your truck rot in the back lot. Hard to believe they can’t find an F-150 carpet set
In your color.

Bbran

Reaction score
I went through this exact scenario. Ended up getting an extended warranty out of the ordeal. It’s the vent on passenger side of the back of the cab. They will have to remove your bed to fix it the right way.

OP
OP
Spencer Schmitt
Reaction score
So I took it to another dealer for their diagnosis & thoughts... Well whattya ya know: There was ZERO mold or mildew under the carpets and after 3 weeks the carpets were completely dry (and we’ve had A LOT of rain lately). I had done some drying out at home the day before taking it in originally and the first dealer finished the process supposedly before parking it... So it’s gotta be that condensate drain and the known design flaw.
A new elbow was reinstalled using silicone and a clamp, together with a plastic “shield” of sorts against the firewall.... The second dealership has a “water guy” who makes the rounds once a week and specializes in all water intrusion issues on these trucks... Or so they claimed.
Two days back with the truck and no smells, not even with my nose on the carpet. The back order is legit, but I would NEVER want to have the complete interior torn out for something that isn’t absolutely necessary.....
So far so good, but I’ll be monitoring.

And BTW just to note again: This was only the front pass. carpet, nowhere else. Just restating for anyone experiencing something similar.... Rears were COMPLETELY dry and always had been. And according to both dealerships this is HUGE issue on 2019/2020 F150 & 250s regarding that condensate drain......

And to think I didn’t go with the sunroof because a. I’ve never really made use of one on any vehicle I’ve owned with one and b. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I didn’t want the drain tube leak issues they are known for in these trucks.... Well GOT MEH anyways! Touché Ford, touché