So whats the FASTEST anyone has got a special order Raptor in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 11/22/11.
Truck was built on 1/5/12.
Guessing I'll get it week of 1/23?

Dunno. Sales guy went silent.

Need to send an email to him.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go 800+ miles to find a deal b/c here in CA there was either a 10K dealer premium for the truck if on-site OR 5K cash JUST TO ORDER IT! That was from multiple dealers. I wont go into all the BS but just know it was hard just to get mine ordered.

Been waiting 4 years technically--haha.

Ordered mine 10/31/11
Started as Priority 10 (best starting #)
Got a few updates after ordering but not for about a month after ordering
Got my Vin early December '11
Got my sticker late December '11
Truck Built 1/6/12
Delivery scheduled week of 1/23/12 (guy above me should get his same week)

*If you ordered mid December...plan on it arriving mid March.

I get to fly 800+ miles to pick it up and drive it 800+ miles back home. Good breaking in of the engine BUT one hell of a journey the last 2+ months and really...the last 4 years to make happen. So far it's been the most micro-managed car deal I've done. Plus I have not stepped one foot into the dealership but te deal is about done.

Put your seatbelt on and wait--if you special order. You will only get the best deal if you special order and its the only way to buy a car new and still feel good about it.

Plan on waitng about 3 months. If your custom order takes longer than three (3) months from order date to pick up.....you got hosed.

Plus, for anyone waiting since August...its almost time for the 2013 model to arrive...just get one of those! haha j/k that sucks.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plus, for anyone waiting since August...its almost time for the 2013 model to arrive...just get one of those! haha j/k that sucks.

LOL no kidding thats my biggest pet peeve. It's nice having a "new" new vehicle for a while, the latest and greatest! But by the time I get my truck, it'll only be that latest and greatest for about 6 months till the 2013 info is released lol. Then everything about the 2012 is old news, yesterdays news. Heck already been seeing spy photos of the 2013's!

OP
OP
craigcoram

craigcoram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go 800+ miles to find a deal b/c here in CA there was either a 10K dealer premium for the truck if on-site OR 5K cash JUST TO ORDER IT! That was from multiple dealers. I wont go into all the BS but just know it was hard just to get mine ordered.

Been waiting 4 years technically--haha.

Ordered mine 10/31/11
Started as Priority 10 (best starting #)
Got a few updates after ordering but not for about a month after ordering
Got my Vin early December '11
Got my sticker late December '11
Truck Built 1/6/12
Delivery scheduled week of 1/23/12 (guy above me should get his same week)

*If you ordered mid December...plan on it arriving mid March.

I get to fly 800+ miles to pick it up and drive it 800+ miles back home. Good breaking in of the engine BUT one hell of a journey the last 2+ months and really...the last 4 years to make happen. So far it's been the most micro-managed car deal I've done. Plus I have not stepped one foot into the dealership but te deal is about done.

Put your seatbelt on and wait--if you special order. You will only get the best deal if you special order and its the only way to buy a car new and still feel good about it.

Plan on waitng about 3 months. If your custom order takes longer than three (3) months from order date to pick up.....you got hosed.

Honestly, I am expecting a 3 month wait. So hopefully, I'll get mine by March 16th. I've been waiting 5 weeks for my Rigid 40", 20" and fogs so it doesn't look like much of anything happens fast with a Raptor.

Its worth the wait for me to special order just to know every guy and their brother that drove by the Ford dealer and saw the Raptor and had to take that "test drive" hasn't touched mine!

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 11/22/11.
Truck was built on 1/5/12.
Guessing I'll get it week of 1/23?

Dunno. Sales guy went silent.

Need to send an email to him.

UPDATE.

sales guy says it's scheduled to arrive next week.

Soooo 8 weeks I guess?

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL no kidding thats my biggest pet peeve. It's nice having a "new" new vehicle for a while, the latest and greatest! But by the time I get my truck, it'll only be that latest and greatest for about 6 months till the 2013 info is released lol. Then everything about the 2012 is old news, yesterdays news. Heck already been seeing spy photos of the 2013's!

Heck Josh,
were 8-9 months away from the 2013 Raptor hitting the streets. :peace:

randy

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OT2's were a different time range. They were ordered for dealer inventory, and were for whatever reason given priority over pre-ordered trucks by customers, aka OT1's.

The change over would be a valid excuse IF there were material holds. But there weren't any. So that wasn't the cause of delays. And a lot of pre-orders? I ordered the FIRST day the order banks opened. Raptors were getting built left and right, it's just the order that ford pulled them. The first two weeks were all OT2's (dealer stock) incase there were any quality issues. Then after that they were basing them on regional allocations. Which is all fine and dandy for OT2's that may not have owners yet and destined for dealer lots, but already sold OT1's should have been done by 1st come 1st serve to place an order. It's total BS that just because my region isn't #1 for truck sales, that my order on DAY #1 gets shoved to the very back of the line.

If your Dealer was slick and really has the customer as priority #1
then, your Dealer should have canceled your OT1 :deal:and re-input an OT2.
That way . . :birgits_tiredcoffee
you'd be driving :driver: your Raptor . . . like me :Caffeine:
---------------------------------------Sept. 7 to Nov.29

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Dealer was slick and really has the customer as priority #1
then, your Dealer should have canceled your OT1 :deal:and re-input an OT2.
That way . . :birgits_tiredcoffee
you'd be driving :driver: your Raptor . . . like me :Caffeine:
---------------------------------------Sept. 7 to Nov.29

His dealer is me.

And I did duplicate his and 10 other guys orders as O/T 2 orders. (left all orig O/T1 orders, in the order bank) BUT FORD allowcation lady told me, FAT CHANCE on getting ANY O/T2's with NAV, Front Camera and any Graphics pulled.

I got 8 O/T2 orders pulled and built, in less than 7-8 weeks. BUT NONE had NAV.

I have more than 90 2010/2011/2012 Raptors SOLD or in the order bank. :waytogo:

randy