So long, Raptor. Hello Tremor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
A diesel in the 250 is a complete waste IMO. Not only does it hurt your off-road performance, but it drops your payload capacity too much to really take advantage of it's towing capacity.

Any Tremor is going to be noticeably less capable than a Raptor off-road. The best will be a F-250 with the 7.3 and the worst will be a F-350 with a diesel.
No one is buying one to compete with a raptor dude, it’s has some off-road capability but it’s a work/tow truck.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one is buying one to compete with a raptor dude, it’s has some off-road capability but it’s a work/tow truck.

Well "dude" perhaps before replying blindly, you should also read the post I quoted in that reply so you can get some context to why I said what I said. You don't happen to work for CNN do you?

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A diesel in the 250 is a complete waste IMO. Not only does it hurt your off-road performance, but it drops your payload capacity too much to really take advantage of it's towing capacity.

Any Tremor is going to be noticeably less capable than a Raptor off-road. The best will be a F-250 with the 7.3 and the worst will be a F-350 with a diesel.

That makes sense. I have zero experience with anything larger than a Raptor. I frequently drive at high altitudes so forced induction is almost mandatory but a power stroke is probably overkill.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
The Tremor is awesome. I damn near bought this one with the 7.3L and 4.30 Gears before settling on the Raptor. I decided I wanted something different than my 2012 Power Wagon so I went with the Raptor, but it was hard to walk away from this truck. Congrats on the new truck!

B0682BB8-C21E-4B3E-B4E2-72A51F872338.jpeg

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sharp looking truck! I love the Lariat Sport/Lariat Ultimate/Tremor package myself. Priced out the way I want it would sticker at $83K (with the 6.7 diesel). Mind if we ask a ballpark figure as to what you paid? I saw a Tremor in my local Home Depot parking lot the other day, and it's a beauty in real life! The size is a bit intimidating for sure, and the turning radius of the 250/350 is supposedly inferior to the 450. Just not sure I need that much truck, don't ever see myself dragging a toy hauler or 40' 5'er around, as the RV I like is only 20', though it does get w/in 20% of the max tow rating of the Raptor and I'm unsure of the longevity of the EB engine when consistently used for towing. But, I would rather have too much truck than not enough. Anyway, congrats on the new ride, hope it gives you years and 100's of thousands of miles of reliable service.

I paid $500 under invoice, so $62,400.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated, it is definitely designed for those who want to still have very strong off-road capabilities and towing, but don't need the high speed dune running abilities of the Raptor.

And I fully expect to get 200,000 trouble free miles out of this super simple 7.3L :D

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Durability wise I see no issues getting 200k plus trouble free miles from the new 7.3L (455 cubic inch) Godzilla power plant. Simple design, forged crank and pushrods to move the valve train.

"The 7.3-liter is designed for maximum durability in the harshest environments given that our customers live and work in these conditions every day," Joel Beltramo, Ford manager for gas V8 engines, said. "This engine has the largest displacement in its class and is designed to provide benefits in key areas like power, durability, ease of maintenance and total operating costs."

664BEAC8-0FAF-4801-8760-5222CA97C9C3.jpeg

Last edited: