Snowmobies VS Bedliners (line x) will it destroy it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
From Sault St. Marie you can ride the Trans Canada trails across Ontario, Quebec, and into the Maritimes.

OP
OP
F

fordandchevyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12' seems a little long to through in a bed that with the tailgate down is less than 8 feet. Why not pick up a small cheap flat bed trailer?
i have a small trailer but its open im looking at getting an enclosed trailer someday. i havent put the sled in the bed yet so hopefully it somehow fits. i was only concerned if the trailer was full with another sled in it.:peace:

From Sault St. Marie you can ride the Trans Canada trails across Ontario, Quebec, and into the Maritimes.

Sounds fun but i dont like trail riding, boon docking is for me. So if there are some good places to do that im in.

Vidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put my sled in the bed with line-x. brand new carbides. the liner had two little slices in it, kinda of like how your finger looks after a papercut. no big deal.

I did dent the inner panel on the tailgate, probably the weakest area when loading a sled.
if you have the plastic cover on it, it should be fine.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Found this
82711991.png

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
i have a small trailer but its open im looking at getting an enclosed trailer someday. i havent put the sled in the bed yet so hopefully it somehow fits. i was only concerned if the trailer was full with another sled in it.:peace:

Sounds fun but i dont like trail riding, boon docking is for me. So if there are some good places to do that im in.

Yeah well I've never ridden them on skis before, but did a fair bit on quads. There's trails with hotels, gas stations and all kinds of stuff out there. Including radar traps, as some parts have limits.
The whole thing is mapped out as well, although you have to get them from local shops or maybe forums are set up now - I don't know and it's been 15 years since I've played on them. Good luck!

Banned
Reaction score
Back on topic

You Could always just put down 2 pieces of small plywood for the skis if your worried. My brother does that on his un-line-x'd truck. Works great.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering the exact same thing. I may just pick up a set of these (Caliber Trailer Ski Guides) and screw them in during the winter seeing as it won't take more than a couple sheet metal screws. They barely take up any space too.

As for the sled sticking out the back, you can always get some one to fab up an "extender" that mounts to your hitch. Basically its a big "L" that comes out of your hitch with a "T" on top of the "L" that the end of the track sits on. Not sure if my explanation makes any sense at all but I have a buddy with one that he uses on his Dakota crew cab with a 154" Ski Doo Summit.

I've got to grab a new sled for the winter and can't wait to get it loaded into the Raptor (I need the Raptor first though! :peace:)

OP
OP
F

fordandchevyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice picture. i will be getting mine out of storage pretty soon. well have to see how she fits. my yfz450 quad wont even fit in the back with the tailgate up. i might need to get a bed extender. oh well i cant wait for the snow!!
i think we should do a winter raptor rally in the snow do some snow boggin. that would be awesome!! then we could top it off with some sledding.(snowmobiling) well just have to see where the snow falls this winter. ill keep posting on here but i might start looking into a winter roundup for sure.