Snow run...Morman Wells Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MarkT called me up at 11:00 and said let's run the Mormon Wells trail as I can see the snow is covering most of the mountains and into the valleys. This is one of our favorite local trails to run, especially when it snows. We have so much video footage of it that we decided to not take the Go Pro and Contour...what a mistake!!! Once we got into the tree line at about 5000 feet on up to 7000. It was gorgeous, a couple of inches on the ground and a good wet snow that stuck to all the trees and shrubs. This is a 47 mile long trail about twenty miles north of Vegas through the Sheep Mountains Wilderness Rec Area.
IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BEEEEE-YOOOOO-TEEEEEE-FUL! :waytogo:

Always take the video cameras (just in case) ;)

Glad you had some fun in the snow. It was a good last-one-of-the-winter storm this past weekend.

If you have more pictures post 'em up - I'd like to see them.

This one is amazing! Wow!

IMG_4193.jpg

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a few more... one of the nicest runs I've ever been on. It was like being in a different world but we were only about an hour out of the bright lights of Vegas...

DSCN1648.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1650.jpg

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dammmmmn lvdezertdawg where was the invite?! lol jk wasnt even in the state till a couple of hours ago. my place on mt charleston got some good snow while i was gone too :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
LVdezertdawg

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dammmmmn lvdezertdawg where was the invite?! lol jk wasnt even in the state till a couple of hours ago. my place on mt charleston got some good snow while i was gone too :)

A very short notice run, I was guessing you were driving in your own snow up on Mt Charleston. Pm me your cell number so I can call you next time.:crazy: