Tailgate and TPMS after desert run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
So this past weekend went on a run in Death Valley for almost the whole day. I just recently had my local off-road shop install my FP bead locks. Drove on them for about a week, no issues or leaks. Prior to hitting the trail I aired to down on all 4 wheels to about 25 psi. I got the normal notice on my dash about my tire pressure. We proceed onto the paved road and then into the trailhead. Running down a powerline (dirt/gravel) road for about 15-20 minutes I got an error and all of my tire pressure went blank. Forgot the message but it was some sort of fault. I called it in and we pulled over. I was thinking I may have gotten a flat. Checked all four tires and they were fine. Pressure was good on all four. Restarted truck but the issue was still there.
We later got off the trail and onto the pavement. They started working again out of nowhere. They would come back on RF, then LF, and so forth. Then when I got back on the dirt, they would go dead again. That was the story for the day with that. Aired up and drove home 2 hours and up until today they are working normally. What could it be? Any ideas @FordTechOne

Other issue. I recently installed the JDS spare tire and Pro Eagle mount as well as the KHC bed supports. I was a getting a gap on the driver side from the bed flexing. I put the KHC support and it seemed to have help close the gap.
I also removed the factory bed bolts and used the KHC bed bolts to secure the JDS tire and jack mount. Everything was fine until yesterday while putting my BakFlip back on I noticed my tailgate on the passenger side was not shut all the way and was off 1/4 inch. I loosened the bolts on the bed KHC bed support (passenger side) and I adjusted the striker. Adjusting the striker helped but it's still there and I'm OCD about that sort of stuff. I notice everything. I noticed this after I came back my recent off-road run while cleaning up and unloading. Anyone think the bed bolts or bed may have shifted and misaligned my bed? Maybe the strap of the tire pulling on bed bolts? Called KHC and they said to check the bed bolts and retorq. Unfortunately I'm working really long days (sun up to sun down) so I won't be able to get to it until the upcoming weekend. I attached some pics. Any ideas or anyone have experience with this? I will tell you guys this. These trucks are awesome, but you'll notice lots of things like this. Electrical bugs, body panels no longer perfect. Off-roading takes it toll on these things.

By the way the trails were mostly power line roads, no jumping or heavy flexing.

Attachments

• IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 70

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I would start by loosing all the bed bolts and retorque them to spec.

Side note, any pictures of your adventures?

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start by loosing all the bed bolts and retorque them to spec.

Side note, any pictures of your adventures?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't see how that would be the bed bolts fault?? More likely the striker needs adjustment on the passenger side of the box to bring the tailgate in closer to the body. When the tailgate is closed, does it wiggle at all or is it super secure. If it is secured tightly, I would adjust the striker in towards the jam of the box to bring the tailgate in further. You could also slip a piece of paper inbetween the tailgate and the rubber piece of the box to make sure it fits tight, shouldn't be able to move(slide) the piece of paper if its tight.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The picture shown is after the the striker was adjusted. The issue was present even with the bakflip in the open position and out of the way. I'll try the paper trick. I'll have to play with the striker some more, but it only went up. I thought maybe my bed was no longer square and may have shifted when removing the bed bolts.