Snow Plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plowing in reverse with your truck is a BAD idea. The helical cut on the gears in the diffs are much stronger in forward than reverse. Hitting something, very common when plowing, especially fairly blind in reverse, could easily shock load something enough to break it.

If you are going to do it, buy a proper light duty for the front, if anyone makes one. This will probably run $4-5k installed. For that money I would be back to a beater plow truck, nice little tractor with a blower, or paying someone local, who is already set up, to plow it and not worry about any of the above.

I sure as heck wouldn't be caught dead plowing backwards in a Raptor...

******** that charge for plowing around here take their sweet ass time coming around. We get a TON of snow and often don't see our plow guy for nearly 2 days. I'd rather take care of that shit myself without having to wait with my hand on my ass for someone bilking me out of money. So, another person doing it for me? No.

Also, my driveway is asphalt - it's pretty darn smooth. The SnowSports HD is a 35-40 lbs. "shovel" essentially. I'd doubt there's much of a chance of something going "BAD."

Thx for the warning - I've heard ya, now I'm moving on to hear legitimate suggestions and advice since I'd like to proceed anyhow.:specialed:

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With my suggestion you would need a small snowblower for confined areas. Or a blade on a heavy duty lawnmower or 4 whealer

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my suggestion you would need a small snowblower for confined areas. Or a blade on a heavy duty lawnmower or 4 whealer

Thx, but I don't want your suggestion [solution]. I would prefer to utilize the equipment (truck) I have, with as simple a solution as possible. The SnowSport HD plow is pretty dead easy. I'm either going to remove my skid plate in the winter and get a frame hitch, or get a spare/after-market skid plate that either has a hitch hole in the middle or modify one to have it, and put my normal skid plate back on in the spring/summer.

Last edited:

Terrain13crew

Reaction score
Has anyone found a plow manufacturer that has an application for the 2017 Raptor? Better yet, has anyone installed one and used it to provide some feedback on performance? Thanks
Snoway 26 bolts right up...for the haters add 2nd battery in bed or under hood somewhere for the so called electric steering deal , message me I can send ya info

Terrain13crew

Reaction score
******** that charge for plowing around here take their sweet ass time coming around. We get a TON of snow and often don't see our plow guy for nearly 2 days. I'd rather take care of that shit myself without having to wait with my hand on my ass for someone bilking me out of money. So, another person doing it for me? No.

Also, my driveway is asphalt - it's pretty darn smooth. The SnowSports HD is a 35-40 lbs. "shovel" essentially. I'd doubt there's much of a chance of something going "BAD."

Thx for the warning - I've heard ya, now I'm moving on to hear legitimate suggestions and advice since I'd like to proceed anyhow.:specialed:

Terrain13crew

Reaction score
its a badass f150 raptor man no worries any Snoway 26 for f150 ecoboost bolts right up the newer one the better frame wise I used same Snoway from 2006-f150 crew then bolted right to my 2010 raptor then same plow to 13 raptor then to my 14se raptor , which unfortunately got totaled in a head on crash, but frame mount transferred to each truck fine . I just purchased a new Snoway 26 to replace that original plow due to my experience with the reliability . the new Snoway 2017 model is plug and play and no issues with power problems . people love to hate . buy a plow its fun