Smashed mirror; No BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was bombing a trail I shouldn’t have been but would totally do it again and smacked my passenger mirror against a yucca tree. Mirror smashed and I plugged it in and put it back. It’s kind of hard to see out of. Everything worked at that point.

Went down the trail a little farther and the mirror fell out because I’m weak and didn’t push it in all the way. I got the help of the closest squirrel and had him push it in all the way after plugging in the heater wires. Got back in the truck and then the cross traffic monitoring and BLIS is off.

I ordered this mirror and am hoping it will work. Will replacing the mirror fix the BLIS?

Edit: Paging @FordTechOne in case you know?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lilla Kharn

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone else has this problem; I replaced my mirror and it didn’t fix the problem. Took the whole mirror apart and found that I had broken some of the plastic tabs. Don’t really feel like spending the money to fix it so I got it back together after verifying that the wires were connected and there weren’t any open connections since the mirror was hanging by the wire after it popped out. BLIS still not working on that side.

The dash would say it wasn’t working but it functioned except for that light. Made an appointment to bring it in but decided not to yet. The other day I parked in a tight spot and brought the mirrors in with the automatic button.

Fixed itself.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it takes several start ups to reset the BLIS. I did almost the same thing, but driver mirror, Juniper tree, and I had to hold it together with packing tape...but otherwise, just the same!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc