Gen 1 Driver's side mirror replacement help - my driver's side is way different than any others I've seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SVT

Reaction score
My weekend project was putting the LED blinkers in the front reflectors of my mirror, and the passenger side went off without any issues.

Move on to the driver side, and I pulled the mirror glass off just like I did on the passenger side, but upon pulling it off I discovered that the whole assembly was different than the passenger side or any of the YouTube videos I've seen on how to do this job. Come to find out it looks like I broke the tabs on this different motor and now I can't get the glass back on.

I included pictures to what my assembly looks like, again I've never seen this before. Does anybody know what the replacement glass would be? And if I can't find it and I have to buy a whole new assembly can I use the generic 2011 raptor assemblies that I find online?

Attachments

• 20230225_130804.jpg
    20230225_130804.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230225_130759.jpg
    20230225_130759.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230225_130709.jpg
    20230225_130709.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
2011SVT

2011SVT

Reaction score
After looking a little more in depth it looks like I ripped off the top of the motor without separating the tabs, the tabs are pretty crusted on and it just pulled apart. Any idea if I can just replace the whole motor assembly and glass and where I can find that part?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I seem to be having the same issue. Mine looks pretty crusty in there. Already broke the glass on the driver's side trying to get it off. I guess I'm just a %#$@&& ldiot! I've watched 20+ youtube videos on how to get this thing off (most videos skip over that part) and I still can't get it. I've been eFFing with this thing for almost a week now. Getting pissed. Don't want to have to pay a dealer $300 just to put a dammm mirror glass on.

Was trying to get it off originally to replace/add front and rear signals. Puddle lights were fairly easy underneath, already did those.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Finally got it. Went out there PISSED OFF, was aggressive on the mounting tabs with a pry tool until 1 of them finally popped, then getting the rest off was easy. THAT was the driver's side. Passenger side was slightly easier.

I was 99% sure I was going to have to order ANOTHER replacement glass for the passenger side. Once you get it off, it's not too bad.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got it. Went out there PISSED OFF, was aggressive on the mounting tabs with a pry tool until 1 of them finally popped, then getting the rest off was easy. THAT was the driver's side. Passenger side was slightly easier.

I was 99% sure I was going to have to order ANOTHER replacement glass for the passenger side. Once you get it off, it's not too bad.
pry tool..... evil word right there. you broke the glass because of uneven pressure. i use my fingers. push the glass up and get all 4 of my fingers under there and pull up making sure i dont put pressure on the edge of the glass and making sure im using equal force over my fingers to provide a wide surface so the glass wont bend and break. effin rookie. text or call me next time. everything you are doing, i have already done. most likely multiple times.

also, make sure the glass is seated properly. it takes quite a bit of force to get the glass to go back into place. i thought mine was in place back in 2015 when i replaced the glass. some how the tree jumped in front of my truck and i swerved to avoid it, but the tree jumped further than i expected. anyways i replaced it, but then i hit a hard bump and the glass fell out. so make sure its seated in there all the way. otherwise you will be buying another piece of (expensive) glass. i will put a towel on top of the glass and push with my palm making sure i apply as evenly as possible, pressure where the mounting ring is, but it feels the same as like its coming off. you feel like you are breaking it.

if you do break it, you pushed too hard. just sayin......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter