GEN 1 small electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mid summer, after work, when i got to my truck sitting in a hot parking lot, the passenger side window wouldnt go down using the driver side control. if i went to the passenger side to lower the window, it subsequently would go down using the driver side control, and would work until the following day at the parking lot. eventually that went away and i wasnt able to lower it from the driver side at all. after awhile the driver side door lock would only unlock with the key fob about half the time, and i was unable to lock and unlock the driver side door using the driver side control. the keypad works sometimes, and does unlock the passenger door every time. my battery went completely dead on me some time in the summer, but i cant recall whether that occurred before or after my problem started. if before, could that possibly have anything to do with it?

im considering trading it sometime in the next several months, so i will probably just let the dealership take care of it then, as its really just an annoyance, but if anyone has any ideas i could try i would appreciate it.

thanks!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wire harness that goes into the door is suppose to slide with the opening of the door. When they don't slide they bend, over time the wire breaks from all the bending, it's a common problem.