Slight damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck arrived slight damage they want me to sign then fix, I want it fixed then sign. Is it me or does the part that was damaged near headlight look mis aligned

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 173
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 170
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 169

Hal993

Reaction score
They want to fix it after it is your car. I'm not sure if it matters in the long run. We bought a Limited 4runner (new) that had freight damage. It had been fixed before we found it. We signed a disclosure that we knew. The repair was "off the books", and it's been perfect for 7 years (new roof skin - body shop painted roof). YMMV.

Are you keeping it forever? Is it precious to you? ... or is it just a good truck to you?

mclark202

Reaction score
Just to help you feel better about his situation, one arrived with damaged fender flares. Two of them with scratches and a few small gouges. They wanted to repaint them, not simply replace. I reluctantly let them do that first, but was nervous.

they turned out perfect. I couldn’t believe how good they did honestly.
and for yours I wouldn’t sweat it being that lower balance trim, as it’s easy to take off and repaint separate,y if need be. The bumper looks normal as it has a strange curve there on both sides. Not sure if it’s paint issues or a dent looking spot on your pics though. Be glad that’s all it is.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Yes, you sign your paperwork for the truck. Included in that paperwork should be a "Due Bill" that lists all of the things the dealer promises to take care of after you take ownership. Seen that slip many times. Never had an issue.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m going to play the Devil’s advocate here and vote for fix first, to your satisfaction, then sign. If it’s such a “no big deal” to them, it shouldn’t matter.
Because as others have pointed out, once you sign, it’s your problem and it’s fixed on their schedule, with the lowest possible outlay.

For Jen Tres money, you should expect more. Granted it’s not the dealer’s fault per se, but it’s definitely not on you.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to play the Devil’s advocate here and vote for fix first, to your satisfaction, then sign. If it’s such a “no big deal” to them, it shouldn’t matter.
Because as others have pointed out, once you sign, it’s your problem and it’s fixed on their schedule, with the lowest possible outlay.

For Jen Tres money, you should expect more. Granted it’s not the dealer’s fault per se, but it’s definitely not on you.
Exactly how it played out , when I said no paperwork till it’s fixed, it’s now being fixed next week , when they thought I was signing ,then fixing, said it would be at least a month before it’s touched .

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Exactly how it played out , when I said no paperwork till it’s fixed, it’s now being fixed next week , when they thought I was signing ,then fixing, said it would be at least a month before it’s touched .
yeah, and you’d have been lucky to actually get it fixed on your dime. Yes, it’s on paper, but good luck getting in and the “right person” being there to do the repair. I’ve seen that strategy a few times to wear people down and get them to just give up.

I’m glad it’s being handled.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by to look at it , noticed both front fender flares r what’s causing the gaps on both sides. I compared it to a white 23 out front totally different. I tried to upload a video need to shorten . U can can move both front fender flares about a quarter of an inch towards the body . The white raptor they don’t move as in they r tight and correct

Attachments

• IMG_0992.png
    IMG_0992.png
    870.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0989.mov
    6.3 MB