GEN 2 Size and location of good amp ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured that’s what you meant just making sure. If I can ask what are your thoughts on power wire size as well. I have a alpine pdx-v9 for all door speakers that takes minimum 4awg and a JL rd1500 for 2 subs that takes minimum 2awg. I am not using the 5th channel on the alpine so I would be using 400rms out of the alpine and 1500rms out of the JL for a total of 1900watts. I was thinking of using 1/0 to distribution box then splitting off but I don’t believe it’s enough I may have to do two separate power runs one 4awg and one 2awg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do 1/0 from the battery. The. 4 awg from th distribution blocks to the amps. It’s such a short run, 4 awg will be plenty for that much amperage.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all my wire and blocks ordered hoping it’s gonna be an easy run with 2 1/0 wires. In my current setup I have my 4awg wire run down drivers side I’m gonna remove that and try to run these big ones down the passenger side. I sure do appreciate the input thanks alot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all my wire and blocks ordered hoping it’s gonna be an easy run with 2 1/0 wires. In my current setup I have my 4awg wire run down drivers side I’m gonna remove that and try to run these big ones down the passenger side. I sure do appreciate the input thanks alot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One piece of advice, go get some Vaseline or ky jelly to help pull the wires. I think you will have better luck getting through the drivers side grommet with two runs of 1/0.