Signed up for Raptor Assault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mariners Fan

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would've rather gone early October. Anyone that lives out west knows that Sept. is pretty smoky usually, but my delivery date was 24AUG19 and I had to twist the gal at RA's arm a little to get an extension. I explained my situation and she said "well, I guess we could give you a few extra weeks...."

MR JB

Reaction score
It was lots of fun you will love it and they have to classes you will be in to stager the people they take your temp out side in your vehicle before they even let you in the building with the signed health paper you still get two people in one truck but you don't have to wear the mask if you both come to agreement to not wear it and no welcome party so if you paid for it you will get your money back if there is anything else you need to know I can help

FlyingBear

Reaction score
For anyone wondering how useful or fun the course is, I can personally attest to it being both. I took the course in 2018. The Raptor is and was my first true off-road-capable vehicle (SUVs mostly don't count). The course was eye-opening on just how capable the Raptor is and let me do things that I would never have dared to try alone in my own truck. I don't know if they still have the high-speed "desert" oval component to the course: that was way too much fun with the truck sideways at 60-70mph and seemed like it might get pared back for safety. For me, the most instructive was sitting in the truck when it was leaning about 15 degrees to the left (it felt like 45 degrees) and having the instructor hang off it trying to tip it over, with, of course, no movement at all.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I just went. The reception the night before was canceled, staged arrival and temp taken in the morning, spilt into two classrooms with social distancing and masks required. In the truck; they sanitize the trucks pre class, hand sanitizer and wipes in the center console. Once in the truck, it’s up to you and your driving partner to decide if you want to wear the masks. They still provide drinks and boxed lunch on the trail. Awesome experience, the extra restrictions didn’t negatively affect it.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was lots of fun you will love it and they have to classes you will be in to stager the people they take your temp out side in your vehicle before they even let you in the building with the signed health paper you still get two people in one truck but you don't have to wear the mask if you both come to agreement to not wear it and no welcome party so if you paid for it you will get your money back if there is anything else you need to know I can help

Do they have a way of pairing up people that do/don't want to wear masks?

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
I’m heading up there tomorrow morning. First time was canceled so this is my second try. A little late for them to cancel now. It should be worth the wait based on other posts. I’m just happy to get the hell out of town, fun or not!
My wife and I will see you in the morning! 3 Raptors in the hotel parking lot when we checked in this afternoon.