2019 Raptor.. Dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh no... Deep sleep has been noted on here on models as early as 2017. One of us had a defective SYNC module that would wake up after being shut down, caught it by video camera in the cabin.

My wife’s ’20 Lincoln gets the alerts on Lincoln Way (like Ford Pass) ‘remote start disabled’. We haven’t gotten it recently, but I’d get it the same day we drove it sometimes. I’ve not gotten the deep sleep alert on my ’17 Rap, but there have been some Jen Too owners who have.

OP
OP
C

Carah

Reaction score
I've read some threads outlining similar issues with some details left out. Here's my problem (go easy, I love my Fords but I'm no mechanic):

I recently got a 2019 Raptor, 41,000 miles. Drove perfectly for the ride home (300 miles) and worked perfectly up until I was about to go on a long trip. It was sitting for about 2 weeks, give or take. When I went to start it, nothing. Stone dead. No lights, accessories, and no effort to start. Remote start obviously didn't work either, and it did not lock with the fob.

The trip was urgent so I took a separate vehicle, figuring I'd deal with it when I get home (Ford dealers here are extremely backed up). Come home about a week later and I try starting it again, boom. Starts right up and runs great. I let it sit for awhile, and it's dead again. Ok, I leave it and get an appointment set up (not for several weeks). For the heck of it, I tried starting it remotely last week, and it started right up. I remotely started it several times (it was 10 below). After the 4th cycle I went out and started it manually. It worked, so I took it for a short drive through town. Everything was perfect.. again. Until the next day.

Tried starting it the next day, and although all accessories worked, the engine made no effort to turn over. Message on entertainment screen said something along the lines of, "Power saving mode. Turn off or start vehicle." Battery symbol on dash. It was that way all week until just a few hours ago, when I threw a battery charger on it with jump start mode, and, although labored, it started. I checked all gauges and all accessories; nothing was amiss and there were no notifications on the screen. Voltage said 15V. I watched it stay at 15V while I turned on/off all accessories and drove it a short distance. Turned truck off, waited for a few minutes, started it again. Started right up, but voltage was now 14.5V while I repeated the same process. Unsure if this is significant, or if it means the battery is dying (?)

I have an appointment with local Ford dealer that's upcoming in a few weeks, but I'm wondering if anyone can shed any insight on what could be happening to it. Does it sound like a battery issue to you vehicle-savvy people?

Tia
Update: Raptor didn't start this morning. Jumped it again, and was able to drive to its appointment. Ford service center checked the battery, checked again, and gave it a good bill of health. Alternator is fine too. They found a loose cable that they claim was the culprit. I'm no mechanic, so while I'm skeptical (I literally said I'll pay for a new battery if they're not 100% sure, right here right now, but they insisted it was good...) I'm forced to accept it... However, it's going on a very, very long road trip these upcoming days, so if we break down I'll have some words for the dealer :')

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did they say WHICH cable was loose?

Loose chassis ground or poor connection would definitely account for it. Fingers crossed they got it.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trust me Break down buy a new Battery and you will at least be able to rule that out, but I would bet folding money that’s your culprit. I had some issue about a year ago that seemed to be electrical gremlins and replaced battery problems gone! Like mentioned earlier that battery could be older than the build date on the truck or previous owner could have switched something with the battery! Also a 15v charge output shows battery is down and alternator is doing all it can to charge it so if you drove it to the dealer and it was 15-20 minute drive they could possibly get a 12.5+ charge indication when testing after you drove it in. New Battery can’t hurt and you’re now ruling that out as you try to get this figured out but again I think that will fix your problem. Good luck and stay warm!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its a battery if I am not mistaken it cant just recharge itself. the loose battery cable or ground makes the most sense. hell my brother had a motor home that if the starter wire became lose everything would just shut down. when I say everything it was everything. found that out on the freeway. coasted to a stop in a 15 k lb plus rv with no power anything. not fun. we got under it and found the culprit and wouldn't you know it. everything back up and running. all from a lose wire connected to the starter. why the wire connected to the starter. makes no sense to either of us but thats what did it.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, loose battery or crappy ground could definitely do it. I was having major electrical gremlins on a previous vehicle and it turned out the main ground was sitting on top of paint. Easy fix in the end but caused a lot of roadside frustration. Which cable did they say was loose?

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a vette wire to starter motor broke whole car went deadsville.
Wire fixed roared back to life.
Crazy huh.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Update: Raptor didn't start this morning. Jumped it again, and was able to drive to its appointment. Ford service center checked the battery, checked again, and gave it a good bill of health. Alternator is fine too. They found a loose cable that they claim was the culprit. I'm no mechanic, so while I'm skeptical (I literally said I'll pay for a new battery if they're not 100% sure, right here right now, but they insisted it was good...) I'm forced to accept it... However, it's going on a very, very long road trip these upcoming days, so if we break down I'll have some words for the dealer :')
I have a 2019 802A and it came from the factory with a loose cable connected to the positive terminal and caused issues. Many others had reported the same small loose cable so that may have been exactly your issue.