Side vent lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6ner

Reaction score
Got 10 LED's from oznium.com. Install took about 2 hrs total. 2012 SCREW wire harness is different than others posted so I put mine on here. Yellow/Green is positive. Pics may not do it justice on the color so just look at the connectors to the marker lights to id the correct colors. Ran plastic conduit from existing along back wall as others have mentioned. Did not cut out SVT yet. Open to opinions on yea or nay on the white color. Worried about the cutout during the day not being as apparent.

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 73
  • wire1.jpg
    wire1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 97
  • vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 64
  • vent in.jpg
    vent in.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 85
  • glow.jpg
    glow.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 76

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 10 LED's from oznium.com. Install took about 2 hrs total. 2012 SCREW wire harness is different than others posted so I put mine on here. Yellow/Green is positive. Pics may not do it justice on the color so just look at the connectors to the marker lights to id the correct colors. Ran plastic conduit from existing along back wall as others have mentioned. Did not cut out SVT yet. Open to opinions on yea or nay on the white color. Worried about the cutout during the day not being as apparent.

Place a piece of amber acylic/ plastic/ plexieglass behind the SVT after cutting it out, look at my post, you will see what i used and how i did it.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked a local LEO today about adding red leds to the side vents, he said I could do red or blue, as long as they don't flash. So I will be doing the red very soon. Might be a good idea to ask your local LEO.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I asked a local LEO today about adding red leds to the side vents, he said I could do red or blue, as long as they don't flash. So I will be doing the red very soon. Might be a good idea to ask your local LEO.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Most state laws allow any color on the side. It's the front and rear that matter. Plus like you said, they probably can't flash. The exception would be ambers or sometimes white.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So you ordered 10, I am guessing they all came tied together, so you just split them up in order to have 5 on each side?