Side Rails bubbling up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Extremely LAME response from my dealership. Their quote was "We see the problem with the bubbles but we cant do anything about it. We aren't authorized (?) to make those types of warranty claims"?? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? What is a 3 year bumper to bumper actually mean? Really awful service.

Mine was flaking off in a small area and I took it to the dealer. They told me nothing they can do... Luckily the flaking hasn't gotten worse. I sometimes ask "is this a common problem?" for problems that are obviously common... I usually get the response "nope, first I've heard". Well then, if there are no problems then I guess they'd be out of business.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine was flaking off in a small area and I took it to the dealer. They told me nothing they can do... Luckily the flaking hasn't gotten worse. I sometimes ask "is this a common problem?" for problems that are obviously common... I usually get the response "nope, first I've heard". Well then, if there are no problems then I guess they'd be out of business.

Sounds right. My dealer couldn't believe my power steering pump was out. Wasn't a common issue according to them.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the aluminum has corrosion under it and is bubbled up.
Where do you live? Salt on the roads in winter?

The under side of my side steps are petty worn. I can see the aluminum showing through in spots.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds right. My dealer couldn't believe my power steering pump was out. Wasn't a common issue according to them.

In my case it was the canister purge valve that Ford issued a TSB to replace. I've also tried to complain to Ford about a certain dealer and Ford said that there's nothing they can do since the dealers are privately owned.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
STUTIDE

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the aluminum has corrosion under it and is bubbled up.
Where do you live? Salt on the roads in winter?

The under side of my side steps are petty worn. I can see the aluminum showing through in spots.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

I have been totally shocked at my dealers responses. Had a laundry list of things (5 - 6) - he walks around and says "I can fix that but not that and I can fix that and not that"? What makes one part that is flawed any different than another part? The cost? He said "do you know how much those side rails are a piece"? I said no and don't really care - he says $2000 bucks each - and I say - well Ford should have done some more research on the deal to make sure they would be flawed within 3 years?? I live in South Carolina so we get no salt and snow. My daughters have Hyundais and my wife has a GM product - 5 year on Hyundais actually means that? Really disappointed in Ford that 3 years warranty items are like going through a cafeteria line and picking which items they choose to warranty???