Side Mirror lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakerjaker19

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2023 for over a year now and I’m about to take a hammer to these annoying lights on the underside of my side mirrors. See photo. Every time we open a door, front or back..the truck and surrounding area lights up. I don’t need them for security either. They’re fine at night in the city but not fine while camping with others. Our trucks light up the campsite, blind everyone wearing headlamps every time we want to open any of the four doors. I basically live out of my truck on our desert runs so I’m lighting up the campsite 10-15 times a night. Way too annoying.

Why is this not an option on our 90k truck? Why is this not in option in Zone Lighting adjustments? Not all of us need runway or Air Strip lighting to get in our vehicle.

Anyone know if an Forscan adjustment exists for these lights? Or any trick to turn them off forever without carving them out with a screwdriver.

Appreciate any feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_5327.jpeg
    IMG_5327.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 29

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind them at all, camping or in town. That being said, have you tried a piece of electrical tape when camping?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same complaint with my gen 2. Forscan can choose one of five dark modes. Why this isn’t a menu choice I don’t know.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
On other Ford models, the puddle lights are disabled when you disable auto-fold for the mirrors in the settings menu. Worth a try. Otherwise, Forscan or black tape.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use auto zone red light tape over mine. Less eye strain unobtrusive and doesn't attract bugs.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you if you whack the front of the mirror hard enough to crack the housing, the puddle light will be ejected. It will even unplug itself. I now have the connector hanging out the bottom of the passenger-side mirror. I'm now wondering whether I should spend $70 to replace something I hate when a piece of duct tape would solve my problem.