Side Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowata

Reaction score
So you can hear all 6 pots? Viper owners complained on the 5 cyl sound on their side pipes.

Maybe hide the rear outlets and install some fake side ones with speakers and an eight cyl soundtrack inside them

As long as it doesn't sound coarse like my flex eb I'm fine

My dads limited eb sounds good...fake or not

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be awesome for an exhaust company to come up with a side exhaust for the Gen 2 Raptor. Kind of like some that were on the Gen 1 and what we see on the Ram Rebel TRX.
The side exhaust always caused issues when offroading. It took many years before a solution was provided, and even it isn't that great.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would you want to switch to side exhaust? Just curious? The exhaust isn't the limiting factor on departure angle and a side exhaust would would get destroyed by rocks.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not sure everyone here treats their trucks like I do, but the rear exhaust is a huge problem for 4 wheeling. It's going to get squished a lot easier than if it was directly behind the tire. On my gen 1 I was always scraping the rear tow hooks, bumper, and trailer hitch reciever. On the gen 2 the tips are going to be squished before the hitch recover or bumper even get touched. Then you have to drive around looked like a bag of ass with misshaped exhaust tips that were purposely designed to be athsetically pleasing. Who cares about rocks chipping a side exhaust thats half way hidden under the truck.

Here's proof of what's going to happen the first week I get my gen 2

https://youtu.be/gz8FhJFSHXA?=12:00s