Should I do it? Ram vs Raptor...deal inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did they come up and down?

yeah, we’re all invested in the story now. dish !

my impression on this salesman ploy is one that usually results in disappointment. Probably ~$500 difference. Not that you can’t work from there but after all, we’re talking about the difference in salesman/ sales mgr. vacationing in Tahiti or The Poconos.
That is the goal dummy....trying to make a good deal does not equate to drama.

exactly.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
yeah, we’re all invested in the story now. dish !

my impression on this salesman ploy is one that usually results in disappointment. Probably ~$500 difference. Not that you can’t work from there but after all, we’re talking about the difference in salesman/ sales mgr. vacationing in Tahiti or The Poconos.

exactly.

Definitely looking like a ploy...I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's inputs :)

bobn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy at that works at a dealership and said the dealership can get a kickback of some insane number, something like $100k give or take if they hit their goal of vehicles they need to sell at EOM. So if end of month rolls around and they are only a few sales short of hitting their number; the sales people will mark cars down some ridiculous amounts so they can hit that number. As dealer would rather sell those 3 cars needed to get that fat kickback and lose, say 5k each on those 3 cars to get that $100k.

Flip side is if dealer is way off of hitting their number, no markdowns.

I think I'd be at that dealer first thing in the morning, hoping they need to sell a couple more cars to hit their quota.

Good luck and will be looking for an update tomorrow!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
@bobn yeah man, salesman said they hit their monthly number and were trying to be #1 dealer in region or something. Not sure how much that helps me. I'm going to go in after work and see what I can do.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That end of month stuff is a bunch of bull. Go in there, lay out your numbers, and tell them to take it or leave it. When they try to counter-offer, just stand up and walk.

Gen2 Raptors are available by the hundreds of thousands. There's another dealer within a few miles, and another one after that.

OR...sell your rig privately, and use Costco's buying service. Prolly get a better deal like that anyway.

PS....have Costco ship your new rig through that dealer for you to pick up LOL