Should i buy Ford extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know the details of your truck, but you can compare those values to the values from Flood Ford and see if it's a good deal or not...

Well I find it to be decent, given that I have 77,000 miles. That puts me at about 125,000 miles coverage. I need to ask if they have a six year 72,000mile.

I ran my info on that website and this happened

"
FIND YOUR PLAN
part_1.gif
Ford vehicles with mileage greater then 41,000 miles are not eligible for a new vehicle warranty. Please check with your local dealer for used vehicle pricing, as we do not offer these plans."

Reaction score
I will tell you I have a 2017 all options Raptor. I am the second owner. I took it over at 56,000 miles. It currently have 87,000 miles on it.
Cam phaser replaced. Front end noise to n the drive train that it took several appointments to handle. That alone was worth it to me to have the warranty. I have noticed since I acquired this truck that there tends to be problems that lead to other problems so to me it is worth the price of the warranty.
There is so many plastics parts and electronics on these new vehicles now days. The average person cannot work the them. They need to go to the dealer.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will tell you I have a 2017 all options Raptor. I am the second owner. I took it over at 56,000 miles. It currently have 87,000 miles on it.
Cam phaser replaced. Front end noise to n the drive train that it took several appointments to handle. That alone was worth it to me to have the warranty. I have noticed since I acquired this truck that there tends to be problems that lead to other problems so to me it is worth the price of the warranty.
There is so many plastics parts and electronics on these new vehicles now days. The average person cannot work the them. They need to go to the dealer.
Thank you and what warranty package did you acquire?

This place I am going to even has an installments program, pay it over the length of the warranty or what not. So you don't have to cough up 2/3/4 thousand at once :) Just an FYI.

Semperfi88

Reaction score
$3,200 for six years or till 100,000 miles

My 2017 currently has about 56,000 miles

I drive about 2,200 miles a month

The warranty will cover whatever is mentioned in the attached pdf. The photograph illustrates what's not covered.

Based on how much I drive, I calculated that I'll have warranty for another 20 months.

Considering the price, what's covered and what's not covered, did you guys suggest I go for it?

Thanks
I'm a firm believer in manufacturer service plans. The Ford ESP premium plan is the way to go. Chances are you'll never have to use it for an engine or transmission repair. However this vehicle has thousands of electrical, and computer components, not to mention AC especially if you live in a hot climate. Labor rates are ridiculously high so spending $50, or $100 for a deductible to cover all repairs is great peace of mind. I've owned a dozen F150's and would rather have the protection and not need it rather than need it and not have it!

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading to dealer at 330 for the 4/48,000 for $2670.
I assume that's for an *additional* 4 years and 48k miles, past whatever you're at now, right? When I was looking at a 7/100k warranty for my truck (which currently has 25k miles on it), it was going to cost $2160, and that's with ~$200 in extras (first day rental, enhanced rental, and key replacement). I know you said your truck has around 77k or so...I guess I'm not familiar with pricing for a truck with more miles on it.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume that's for an *additional* 4 years and 48k miles, past whatever you're at now, right? When I was looking at a 7/100k warranty for my truck (which currently has 25k miles on it), it was going to cost $2160, and that's with ~$200 in extras (first day rental, enhanced rental, and key replacement). I know you said your truck has around 77k or so...I guess I'm not familiar with pricing for a truck with more miles on it.

Yes that is for the additional mileage. 4 yrs 48,000 miles. So takes me to roughly 125,000.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is Dubai, United Arab Emirates coverage.
Where I am from and live.
So its legitimate.
If you're not mechanically inclined at all, then I would say it would be good for you as long as it covers you offroad.. I know a lot of Raptor owners in Dubai like to drive on 2 wheels and jump dunes, so that's not a lot of money for some security. If you have mechanical abilities or have a good friend that is, I wouldn't waste money on it.
1625056253305.png
1625056349666.png