Should i buy Ford extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if relocating the adaptive cruise sensor for a bumper would negate the warranty for anything? It is not altering anything mechanically.
If your ACC sensor stops working, then yes, they might not cover it under warranty. But, the fact that you moved your ACC sensor won't affect whether or not your sunroof is covered under warranty if it breaks, for example. The items have to be related somehow...

Mountain Man

Reaction score
I have a 2018 and have used the ESP twice in the last 4 months. I am still under the factory warranty, but’s when heated seats failed with ESP it cost me $100 instead of $1200 for the repair, and this week we when an electrically harness for the fuel injection system failed, another’s $100 instead of $3200 for the repair/ replacement. Definitely worth the money.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 and have used the ESP twice in the last 4 months. I am still under the factory warranty, but’s when heated seats failed with ESP it cost me $100 instead of $1200 for the repair, and this week we when an electrically harness for the fuel injection system failed, another’s $100 instead of $3200 for the repair/ replacement. Definitely worth the money.

Curious, why did you have to pay the deductible with the factory warranty in place. My heated seats failed and it cost me nothing?

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past I have never purchased the extended warranty. However, after the sunroof broke twice on my last ford for a whopping $1600 per incident, I did purchase it on my 2020 Raptor.

The time I spent complaining to Ford Customer Service about my last truck's sunroof, plus the intense aggravation causing me to feel like I was just prison-*****, I had to get it. Prison-**** me once, shame on you. Prison-**** me twice, shame on me...

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend the Ford ESP for the reasons most have mentioned; specifically the ones related to components or parts that could fail regardless of any upgrades you might have done. Just because I put deavers on doesn't mean my Ford Sync system would not be covered anymore for example. Additionally, go to Flood Ford (www.floodfordesp.com) for your ESP plan. They sell their plan at cost and is almost 50% for the same exact plan on Ford's ESP website. Same warranty. All dealerships can sell the Ford ESP warranties and can also set their own price. Flood pricing can't be beat as far as I know. I just purchased my ESP for my 2019 with 15.5K miles. My Plan:

ESP Contract: PremiumCARE
$100 Deductible
8 years
85000 miles
Options:
First Day Rental: No(Deleted)
Enhanced Rental: No
Lighting: No(Deleted)
Key Services: Yes
Commercial: No
Snowplow: No
Price:$1750

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy bought a credit union warranty instead of Ford ESP for his F150 and his truck sat for 2 or 3 extra days at the dealer waiting for approval on cam phaser tsb.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Bought mine used with the 100K ESP PremiumCare warranty. I bought the truck at 75K miles and it's at 80K now.

It's been in the shop 3 times (trying to find a rattling noise) replaced a lower control arm but ended up being brake caliper clamps missing, so they replaced both front brakes as the clamps do not come separate. Seat heater in driver seat went out too and it was replaced. Everything was paid for on their end and each time it was in, they gave me a new 2021 F-150 loaner to drive. It's well worth it in my opinion.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read. I am still under factory warranty and don't drive a ton, but the cost of repairs for sunfoof, AC, heated seats, and all the electronics can nail you pretty fast. I have not pulled the trigger on the ESP yet, but am definitely thinking about it.

Does anyone know if relocating the adaptive cruise sensor for a bumper would negate the warranty for anything? It is not altering anything mechanically.
If the Cruise Control Module (CCM) is relocated, any issues with that system and any other related systems (pre-collision assist, etc.) would not be covered under warranty.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I believe I found the dealership of a lifetime, 4.6 out of 5 stars on google, 2 miles from my house. After I let them do a full oil change and multipoint inspection and tire rotation for only $49 bucks; I immediately asked about a warranty.

This is exactly what was emailed back to me "I wanted to let you know that your current warranty expires on 1/20/22. However, a 2 year 24000 mile Premium care plan would cost 1970, 3 year 36000 mile plan would be 2380 and 4 year 48000 mile plan would be 2760. All of these plans are Premium care which is a comprehensive plan. Let me know which works best. Thank you"

Thoughts?

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I believe I found the dealership of a lifetime, 4.6 out of 5 stars on google, 2 miles from my house. After I let them do a full oil change and multipoint inspection and tire rotation for only $49 bucks; I immediately asked about a warranty.

This is exactly what was emailed back to me "I wanted to let you know that your current warranty expires on 1/20/22. However, a 2 year 24000 mile Premium care plan would cost 1970, 3 year 36000 mile plan would be 2380 and 4 year 48000 mile plan would be 2760. All of these plans are Premium care which is a comprehensive plan. Let me know which works best. Thank you"

Thoughts?
I don't know the details of your truck, but you can compare those values to the values from Flood Ford and see if it's a good deal or not...