Should i buy Ford extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post warranty so far - front hub and now in shop for a/c compressor going out need condenser and all the crap $2800

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically don't buy warranty's but with the Raptor, I made an exception. I purchased the ESP 8yr/125K warranty at 35K. Truck now has 46K So far, I've used it twice. One more time and I'll be at breakeven. I'm guessing that by the time the truck hits 125K, it will have paid for itself a couple of times as its a high strung V6 twin turbo. Besides -- the rental car feature means I don't have to figure out transportation if/when it's in the shop.

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
$3,200 for six years or till 100,000 miles

My 2017 currently has about 56,000 miles

I drive about 2,200 miles a month

The warranty will cover whatever is mentioned in the attached pdf. The photograph illustrates what's not covered.

Based on how much I drive, I calculated that I'll have warranty for another 20 months.

Considering the price, what's covered and what's not covered, did you guys suggest I go for it?

Thanks
Not sure how mine compares, but it was a no brainer for me. Sunroof repaired ($1800) and currently at dealer for Cam Phasers and rear door latch. Paid for itself for sure. My son has Platinum F150, same case for him.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you off-road and beat on the truck like it should be beat on, I would get it. Keep in mind this is the first year of a new generation. Odds are it will have more issues than subsequent years. I would never buy a warranty either, but did for my Raptor because I actually use it. That warranty more than paid for itself.

dean bayerle

Reaction score
I was able to get the 7 year 100K warranty for $2000 from my local Ford dealer. I had to call around quite a bit but eventually found someone to sell it to me for that price making monthly interest free payments. I have purchased warranties in the past and they have always paid for themselves... I did this for my 2018 Raptor

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically don't buy warranty's but with the Raptor, I made an exception. I purchased the ESP 8yr/125K warranty at 35K. Truck now has 46K So far, I've used it twice. One more time and I'll be at breakeven. I'm guessing that by the time the truck hits 125K, it will have paid for itself a couple of times as its a high strung V6 twin turbo. Besides -- the rental car feature means I don't have to figure out transportation if/when it's in the shop.

Same. Usually warranty is not worth the $$$ but since I plan on keeping this truck forever, the cost made sense. Years under warranty matter to me more than miles as I don't drive a ton.

Reaction score
I purchased an extended warranty through my Credit Union that covers everything with no deductible for 7 years/120k miles for $2100 when I purchased my 2018 in 2018. I think you should shop around for a warranty.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been an interesting read. I am still under factory warranty and don't drive a ton, but the cost of repairs for sunfoof, AC, heated seats, and all the electronics can nail you pretty fast. I have not pulled the trigger on the ESP yet, but am definitely thinking about it.

Does anyone know if relocating the adaptive cruise sensor for a bumper would negate the warranty for anything? It is not altering anything mechanically.