Shopping from Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveR

Reaction score
Howdy all, been looking to buy a 2011 SuperCrew from a US dealer. The Raptors are an extra $15,000 or so here in canada, so hence my post here to find a canadian-friendly US dealer with fair pricing. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Hey - another Canuck on here!
Yeah, I paid almost 20k more for my SCAB last year, but I don't regret it. Now that our dollar seems to be strong - it may be worth it if the border tax isn't too bad.

I would really advise you talk with Randy (HARLEY6LF250SDU) as he has a lot of experience with this - and from the feedback on the site he is great to deal with. Look for a post by him, and you'll have all his contact info.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yes, please PM HARLEY6LF250SDU for information on Raptor orders...he is our in-house sales guy :)

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I know where a used 2010 with 13k will be in couple weeks close to canada!

Tomislav

Reaction score
Hi SteveR! I live in Toronto and I am also going to buy a
Raptor. How are you making out with your purchase? After paying all taxes and duties, is there any savings?
Thanks!
Tom

OP
OP
S

SteveR

Reaction score
You can't go wrong buying from the us. One problem though, ford dealers aren't allowed to sell a new vehicle to a Canadian. You may have to find one slightly used. Check out the website carswithoutborders for some good info. Duties are only a couple hundred bucks. Taxes are the same as buying it within Canada, hst, gst, pst, depends on your province. Good luck, you should be able to save 15 - 20 k. Ford Canada is ripping off canadians!!!

Tomislav

Reaction score
Steve! How did you make out with your Raptor purchase? I am also buying a supercrew but waiting for the 2012 model. Did you find out if Ford Canada would honor the warranty if the vehicle was purchased in the States? Thanks!!!! Tom

OP
OP
S

SteveR

Reaction score
Ford Canada will honor the warranty, but for us will not allow us dealers to sell new vehicles to canadians. I've been looking for a lightly used black screw but no luck so far. Also, the black are harder to find even new, because the black paint comes from japan, and you can imagine the supply disruption due to recent and current events in japan.

Also, custom duties are 6.1 percent but only charged on vehicles built outside north America. Raptors are built in na so no duties...

Cheers