Shipping vehicle from NJ to MI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zurg2330

Reaction score
Do any of you recommend certain car moving companies? Ones to stay away from?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had bought a motorcycle from California and needed it to make it back to NJ.
I posted my request on unhip with everything I wanted, enclosed trailer, open trailer, delivery pick up and drop off
After getting several quotes back from various shippers I checked out their rating. I had zero issues. Only thing was with a motorcycle is was very flexible on pick up and drop off, it was cheaper because full trailer form there to here and dropping off nicks while on the way

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uship is the way to go. Its essentially like ebay, but reverse bid, and you can accept or deny any offers. Freelance hot shot haulers as well as big shipping companies will bid on your request. You can select enclosed or open shipment and specify pick up and drop off time ranges. My only suggestion would be to verify your specific shippers insurance and what it covers. I've had some guys that had low limits so I had to pay a small (negligible) premium on top of the bid price. Just peace of mind.

I've had some powersports toys hauled back and forth between California and Florida as well as a loaded personal trailer. No issues either time.

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious where you bought your Raptor in NJ and what kind of deal did you get ? I bought a 2019 leftover back in October here in NJ from Seabreeze Ford and got a great deal.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 18 from Autosaver ford in Comstock NY
Sticker was just under $73k I ended up paying a little over $64k for it, it was a leftover and they wanted to move it. They are also a Roush, Shelby, and another, l think it was Rocket Ridge
They have a similar one on the lot BUT it is a 2020 in Velocity Blue, mine is Lightning Blue
A lot of mustang owners bought their cars from there, no outrageous DOC Fee either.