Shifter lights out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights that illuminate the park, reverse, neutral, drive lettering on the shifter appear to have a short in the wiring. I’ve taken the center consule apart and the two lights work. But depending on when I turn the car on, either one or both will be out or they both work. Any ideas as to how I troubleshoot the issue? I am guessing I have a short in the wiring? Can I just replace the wire that is directly connected to the lights? Any help is greatly appreciated.

C737919B-5B68-4959-B779-B864002799F1.jpeg

E8802187-2D43-4D7A-94F9-B39AEB58E705.jpeg

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure the contacts are clean. I had mine do the exact same thing, tore it apart expecting a wiring issue and it turned out to be corrosion from water getting to the contacts. I would pull the bulbs, give em a good cleaning prior to diagnosing a short in the system. The wires are quite protected being on the inside of the vehicle as opposed to the wiring loom underneath the sill plate