Shelby Raptor- 575 HP Debut today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As close as that green one is to the test mules that have been running around, I still like this blue one better.

hot-or-not-2015-mustang-concept.jpg

I'm digging that one..I wonder what engine options there will be also transmission and the big question..IRS? If so I'd like to see an AWD..

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be the trend to have vehicles share "DNA". You can see it with Fords by comparing the focus, fusion, Taurus, and I suspect the new mustang will continue that trend.

GM obviously feels the Same with the similarities between the Camaro and new Vette, and that is just wrong on so many levels.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm digging that one..I wonder what engine options there will be also transmission and the big question..IRS? If so I'd like to see an AWD..
IRS seems to be sure thing at this point from what I've seen.

It seems to be the trend to have vehicles share "DNA". You can see it with Fords by comparing the focus, fusion, Taurus, and I suspect the new mustang will continue that trend.

GM obviously feels the Same with the similarities between the Camaro and new Vette, and that is just wrong on so many levels.

It's that One Ford Global Strategy or whatever it's called. I'm fine with it on the normal cars, but don't feel the Mustang should share it so I agree you with on the Camaro and Vette thing. Iconic cars like these should be left out of this one global crap. I'm sure part of the new design for the Mustang has to do with that it will be sold in Europe or the UK if I remember right.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
New mustang should look like this.

apazu7aq.jpg

As much as I hope it stays away from Irs, I don't think it will. But I hope to god it stays unique looking, and most importantly, American looking.

If it looks even one bit European, it will lose my respect. And it better stay RWD to.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes the mustang needs to keep the american muscle look but i would love to see IRS and i want to NEVER EVER see it have AWD! the blue one posted looks pretty good. i really like the side profile body lines.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New mustang should look like this.
I don't know if you've seen that car in person, but my god are they ugly in person. The proportions just don't match.

This guy was on the Hot Rod Power Tour last year. Took a 2011 and fitted 67-68 body panels on it.

Ford+Mustang+Reversion+by+Johnny+Sparks+2011+(1).jpg

DSC02451s_detail.JPG

8148353179_ac22164389.jpg

sportscars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you've seen that car in person, but my god are they ugly in person. The proportions just don't match.

EXACTLY! In person they look BAD!!!

Back to the Shelby Raptor, this is from C&D:

Originally slated for a production run of only 100 units, the initial response was so strong Shelby American now says production will be capped at 500. “Not a week goes by without someone asking us about doing a truck, so I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised that we received dozens of phone calls within an hour of its New York debut,” says Luft. Interestingly, most buyers are planning on putting their Raptor to work, not shrink-wrapping it and stowing it away as an investment: “The Raptor will probably see more miles than any other Shelby vehicle,” Luft says, “as the overwhelming amount of buyers have made it clear they want to use their Shelby Raptor as a tow vehicle—preferably for their Shelby track car—or for real off-road use.”

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EXACTLY! In person they look BAD!!!

Back to the Shelby Raptor, this is from C&D:

“The Raptor will probably see more miles than any other Shelby vehicle,” Luft says, “as the overwhelming amount of buyers have made it clear they want to use their Shelby Raptor as a tow vehicle—preferably for their Shelby track car—or for real off-road use.”

This is why they needed to do more research if that is what the customer wanted.. The National Spring HD version from RPG already has that solution AND it rides and performs a whole lot better than the 2 leaf on the Raptor now. Deaver does them as well I like the HD Nationals but that is not the point..

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to some Shelby folks yesterday and the word I am getting is it comes down to price point and what will attract the broadest customer base. Shelby will do whatever modifications to the suspension you would like to add to the package through their performance shop though, so if there is something the package needs added, you can get it done- or save yourself money and add it yourself.

Agree with most on the mustang.

If Ford wants an AWD, it would be nice for them to build an all new sportscar with it since they have that gap in their lineup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc