Shelby Baja Raptor worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evenstephen

Reaction score
Passed on the Shelby Baja Raptor I had a deposit on. I couldn't get over the chase rack and spare tire look. Spent money on a Supercharger for my Roush. Thinking I was smart to trade in my Raptor when the cam started to make noise given the back order thing.

Thsabajarap

Reaction score
Thank you guys for helping me stay grounded on this one. Nex to answer your question about why a Gen 3 over my Gen 2... want the upgraded suspension, the interior is nicer in my opinion and from what I've read ford has tuned the engine a lot better on the Gen 3 so it's more responsive and feels more powerful than the gen 2 (several other minor things like the camera that shows me the bed). My gen 2 is a 2018 so it doesn't have the latest live valve shocks either and overall I kinda saw the Gen 3 as a pretty good upgrade and value. The Shelby gives me nothing that I really want over and above those few upgrades that listed. Glad you asked me that question because it really puts things in perspective and essentially buying a Shelby is the same as paying a huge ADM in my case.

I think I'm going to sit and wait; maybe make more calls and keep hunting.

I owe you guys for saving me some cash....my wife thanks you too lol!
I have a 2018 Shelby Baja Raptor and I love it. As you can see, many Raptor owners hate the Shelby Baja but it comes down to preference. I had a 2018 Gen 2 that I traded for it and there’s a big difference when you hit that gas pedal. I don’t care too much about off roading but I do care about speed. My advice would be, don’t buy a new one and if you go with a regular Gen 3, don’t pay $100k for it. Your resell on a Shelby Baja will be more than it will be on a regular Gen 3. There will be plenty of those out there in a few years but there won’t be plenty of Shelby‘s.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Shelby Baja Raptor and I love it. As you can see, many Raptor owners hate the Shelby Baja but it comes down to preference. I had a 2018 Gen 2 that I traded for it and there’s a big difference when you hit that gas pedal. I don’t care too much about off roading but I do care about speed. My advice would be, don’t buy a new one and if you go with a regular Gen 3, don’t pay $100k for it. Your resell on a Shelby Baja will be more than it will be on a regular Gen 3. There will be plenty of those out there in a few years but there won’t be plenty of Shelby‘s.

Correct, depends on intended use. I want to go fast, while off road. Taking the front bumper, chase rack and spare tire mounts off made no sense to pay extra for those. So stuck with my Gen 2. A Goosetune and FMIC makes a world of difference.

eRicRic

Reaction score
My gen 2 is a 2018 so it doesn't have the latest live valve shocks either and overall I kinda saw the Gen 3 as a pretty good upgrade and value.

For less than the ADM you’d pay or the Shelby surcharge, you could covert to live valves with the SDI eClik unit, add front Geiser/Eibach/collars, rear Deaver/Icons, a rear bump stop, traction bars, FMIC, and a good tune and still have enough left over for a nice vacation.

quadmaster922

Reaction score
I was in your shoes a few weeks ago. Could not locate a loaded in stock or transit 37 without a $15k+ markup.. and considered a blacked out Shelby at MSRP as it seemed like better value than paying $100k for a 37.

There were a lot of things I liked about the Shelby, but the chase rack and tires in the bed kind of killed it for me. Couldn't get over them.

I'd say stay patient and keep calling around to dealerships. I finally found one earlier this week at $5k over that will be delivered in 3 weeks.
PVRap, you scored at 5k over sticker, they want 25k here in Oregon, if I wait till October to order a 23’ Only 10k DMU

Humberto80

Reaction score
Have you ever farted in the truck and were you sitting in the driver seat when said fart was released? If yes then it's too used for me to pull the trigger but thanks a ton for the offer. :p:D
Not yet but I might after the Taco Bell drive through run. Just buy the Shelby big baller. No need to wait , on satisfaction when the bank account is big. That’s why I bought mine with ADM

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are ugly AF, but that is all a matter of preference. If you like it and you want to buy it, it is your money. I never understood why people ask folks on an internet forum if they should buy something. They aren't chipping in, why do they get a say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc