Shelby Baja Raptor worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$125K for a Raptor? How is this even a question? People have lost their minds with pandemic-related supply chain disruptions. Stop and consider for a moment the average American's ability to delay gratification and/or suffer hardship. It's mind-boggling.

Humberto80

Reaction score
I'm hoping the good folks on this forum can help me out with some opinions and knowledge. I have a small deposit on a 2022 Raptor, dealer stock, coming sometime in the very near future. It was supposed to be this week but I'm not hearing much from the dealership and my patience has run out. Truthfully I'm itching to get into a new raptor and I'm at the point where I could be convinced to do something I normally would not do....like spend 120k on a truck. This morning I started calling around again to see if I can find something more immediate even if i had to pay some ADM. I found zero available raptors at any dealership for any price and the only option is ordering and also paying 25k or so in ADM. What I did find is a Shelby Baha Raptor that I can drive off the lot today for 125k which is WAY more than I was planning on spending but it is offset a little b/c I'll be getting a very good trade value on my Gen 2. Financially, bottom line is I can afford it BUT I just don't know if I want to shell out this kind of money for a daily driver; it's not like I'll be keeping this thing in a garage all year. Also, it's not lost on me that at that price point there are a lot of really nice vehicle options other than a Shelby Raptor. So my question is what are your thoughts on the Shelby Baja Raptor? Is it just a collection of bolt on parts that Shelby threw together or is it actually worth the added cost? Would any of you make the same decision to buy a Shelby if in the same situation? Stop me from doing something stupid if you think this is a bonehead move; I'm too blinded by desire to tell for myself right now.

I have a 2021 code orange with power tailgate and sunroof Has 12k miles. I would let it go for $78k

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not worth it IMO. Those trucks aren’t even built by Shelby, they’re upfitted by Tuscany in Indiana. You’re basically paying $50k for Shelby badging, a tune, 37” tires, and a hack BDS suspension lift. And on top of all that, any powertrain failure (engine, trans, axles, etc) is only warrantied for 3yr/36k through Shelby due to the modifications. Not to mention the depreciation hit due to it being an aftermarket package.
When I visited Shelby in Vegas, I was led to believe they were building them there.
Tuscany is just one of the preferred dealers.
Too many emblems/ badges on a truck for me.
They had some bad a** sleeper trucks and mustangs in their shop, too.
Attached picture shows a couple Raptors in background of the shop.

1647106079073.jpeg

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My vote would be buy a stock truck or don’t buy anything. I’ve never been one to be tempted by packages such as Shelby or Roush…but if I were to entertain the idea of some kind of third party build…it would only by from Paxpower. That Alpha truck looked pretty badass when I read about it a few months ago.

OP
OP
speedracer00

speedracer00

Reaction score
I totally passed on the deal. I was sort of waiting before officially saying no to see if they would try to make it enticing for me to pull the trigger on this but in the end they wanted to give me $60,100 for my gen 2 and asked for 124k (msrp) on the new Shelby Raptor. It was no sweetheart deal albeit maybe not an unfair one either. As much as I want a gen 3 common sense had to prevail in this situation it's just too much money for too little value.