September 19th? Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the horses mouth he says it's dead, and people still grasp to the now nonexistent hope? Same people who have several "deposits" down for one because their salesman said he had insider info!

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the horses mouth he says it's dead, and people still grasp to the now nonexistent hope? Same people who have several "deposits" down for one because their salesman said he had insider info!
Please share your source.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think he's saying the pirate flag means that the R is dead.

It could also mean that it doesn't want to say anything because pirates will steal it or something. Or the pirate flag could be a symbol for poison, and he fears someone will poison him if he spills the beans.....sort of like what those 3 ladies did in the movie 9 to 5. :33:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please share your source.
Mr. Levine literally used a skull and bones followed by you won't hear more about it, to me that means it's completely and unequivocally dead project. Whatever mental gymnastics you can use for that to give you hope are well beyond me.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mr. Levine literally used a skull and bones followed by you won't hear more about it, to me that means it's completely and unequivocally dead project. Whatever mental gymnastics you can use for that to give you hope are well beyond me.
I’m not saying you are right or wrong, I actually do not care either way about the truck.

But why not just say it is “dead” or mothballed or whatever?

To me using a symbol to represent anything leaves it open for interpretation

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not saying you are right or wrong, I actually do not care either way about the truck.

But why not just say it is “dead” or mothballed or whatever?

To me using a symbol to represent anything leaves it open for interpretation
Once Ford flat out announces the Raptor R is dead officially, all interest and conversation like this go away. All the people holding out for one go and purchase a TRX because Ford failed to deliver (just like they are with open orders). I sense it may be revived at a later date, but with 2022 Super Duty order books being closed because of shortages, that tells me a limited production model like Raptor R can't take priority over their bread and butter. Guess we will see though.

NastyNate

Reaction score
Once Ford flat out announces the Raptor R is dead officially, all interest and conversation like this go away. All the people holding out for one go and purchase a TRX because Ford failed to deliver (just like they are with open orders). I sense it may be revived at a later date, but with 2022 Super Duty order books being closed because of shortages, that tells me a limited production model like Raptor R can't take priority over their bread and butter. Guess we will see though.
i thought they closed the books on the super duty to re-tool for the new updated 2023's. who knows though LOL

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Are you talking about the screenshot on the previous page? He was asked if we had to wait till September to hear an R annoucement, and he responded with 'you will not' followed by <pirate flag>. The logic interpretation of that is that you will not have to wait unitl September to hear an R annoucement.

Maybe you're talking about something else, but there is no mental gymnastic in concluding that R is not dead based on that statement.