selectshift ? is this an option i can add later

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey

im looking to buy a ford raptor 6.2 but the wait time for the 2011 is crazy over here (UAE) the dealer said it should arrive in june 2011 and if i imported one from usa it would arive in april, but im in a hurry and want a car because i currently drive my bro's car so and if i want a 2010 i could get it in less then a month but the reason i want the 2011 is because of the select shift , i used to own a a yukon denali and the tiptronic made alot of difference so i would like this same option in the raptor.

thanks

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm also interested in this. Would be great if it could be added.
FSM any thoughts?

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would even be nice if aftermarket companies like TCI figure something out

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was asked during a SVT engineer chat, and SVT said to many things needed to be changed. But I bet a shop or someone gets creative and figures out a way to make it possible without needing to spend or modify a bunch. I also would love to have it, cross your fingers!

lkytx1

Reaction score
The 2010 pretty much have select shift in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, which ever one you select is the one you get. If you have the truck in third gear and stop the tranny will not down shift to low, you will take off in 3rd gear, same for second. I use it that way all the time. Most of my off road driveing is in off road mode, 2 hi with the rear locked. and all the anti stuff turned off, shift it myself, works pretty good that way. The rev limiter comes on pretty quick in 1st and 2nd but the 6.2 trucks will bump the speed limiter in 3rd gear. I do wish Ford had included 4th in this but mostly I can live with it that way. 5th and 6th, those are pretty much strollin down the road gears anyway, put it in drive and let it run. If the truck up and down shifts too often for you in 5th and 6th just hit the tow haul mode, helps with that. I kind of like it like it is.------------Larry

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
There was a thread somewhere that had some (unrelated to the topic) posts on this subject and a few of us realized the select-shift didn't always behave like it should on other vehicles. Eg: my ex wifes Grand Cherokee I could hit the shifter at 4000 rpm and it would change gears when it hit 5500 rpm! I've seen it not work as expected on BMW's, the new Challenger, 300C and a few others (Never tried a Denali though).

Like lkytx1 described, I've learned to adapt to driving the Raptor the way it wants to shift, or forcing it to drive the way I want. Once used to it - it works great.
On road, the first thing I do when I shift from Park, is to hit the Tow/Haul button. The shift pattern there is much better and I like the downshifting when you decelerate. As for offroading, most of my time is in 4low in either 2nd or 3rd. When I get into a situation that 2nd is bogged down and I lose tire spin, its real easy to slam into 1st as fast as a tip-tronic would.