Second update on engine disintegration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before, one of the exhaust cams broke. Interestingly, these cams are put together in more than one piece with splined inserts and the splines wore down and so part of the cam was not turning. So of course valves were hanging down banging on the pistons so all three pistons on that side, plus rods and the complete head assembly need to be replaced. Also, unburned fuel made its way to the catalytic converter and destroyed that as well.

Ford is not willing to replace the engine but has instructed the dealer to make the repairs. Obviously this does not sit well with me and so I've opened up a case with Ford customer care… more to come......

Dont accept it. Call Ford and tell them you did not pay $70,000 for a rebuilt EB engine. An engine being rebuilt buy a ******* Ford franchisee that is likely not qualified. Man this sucks and I feel bad for you.

Not sure of your financial situation but I have to work 7 days a week for my money. And Im not investing it in a $70k rebuild. Ford should replace the entire long block.

I negotiate for a living. Lets call Ford. I will try to help you if you want. Just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with them... I had a PowerStroke window the block when it was pretty new and Ford gave me a whole new identical truck.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Sorry to be naive

Sorry to ask, but is there a way of posting pictures on here without having to put them on a separate website and inserting the link? Would like to share pictures of my engine in the easiest way possible… Thanks in advance

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah if you look above when you post a reply (not the quick one at the bottom of the page) there's a little paperclip next to a smiley face, you can use that to upload them directly.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like said above, you didn't just spend all your money on a new truck to get a rebuilt engine dropped in it. Now it's gonna be in the back of your mind wondering if the guy throwing it back together did the rite thing when ever your driving it. I'd fight for a new replacement. Good luck!

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically Ford is within its rights to do this, it is providing warranty service for a defective item. If they will not agree to a whole motor replacement, ask for compensation for resale value hit, or get a lawyer and have the lawyer make a call or send a letter. Your easiest action is to have a firm discussion with them about what you want before the lawyer, but don't be afraid to do that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m truly sorry you had to go through this, it shouldn’t be this hard. I’m disappointed that Ford has made it this hard for an otherwise innocent customer. Moreover, you’re not some Fiesta customer, this their top of the line truck.

The way you’ve been treated does not breed customer loyalty, and i hope they up their game WRT customer service.

I hope you’re back in the rap saddle soon, fully repaired, properly.