Seat cover wrinkles/Warranty issues...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ek5686

Reaction score
I’ve had my truck for 2 weeks and have only put 300 miles on it and i can already see the same wrinkling in my driver seat already. Are these being addressed or resolved at your dealerships? The leather on the seats seems very loose and softer. This is my first Raptor so I’m just wondering…shouldn’t the leather be tight on the seat?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my truck for 2 weeks and have only put 300 miles on it and i can already see the same wrinkling in my driver seat already. Are these being addressed or resolved at your dealerships? The leather on the seats seems very loose and softer. This is my first Raptor so I’m just wondering…shouldn’t the leather be tight on the seat?
My dealer replaced the cover and it was worse. I had them then send it to an upholstery shop who managed to mostly fix their shit work. Overall still a few wrinkles I've decided to not worry about at this point. My time is worth more than the back and forth.

ek5686

Reaction score
My dealer replaced the cover and it was worse. I had them then send it to an upholstery shop who managed to mostly fix their shit work. Overall still a few wrinkles I've decided to not worry about at this point. My time is worth more than the back and forth.
Got it. I’m going in to get a sensor replaced that was DOA. I will ask my SA about it and see if i can just have it recorded in my history so that if i gets worse…i have something to go by.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My seats look like wrinkly scrotums; They aren't form fitting and I have wrinkles in the top and bottom.

After waiting so long I am disappointed with the lack of quality both inside and out

ek5686

Reaction score
I guess the question I have for the other members who have had Gen2s or 1s, was the leather always this soft? Is this normal for ford leathers to be this soft and easy to wrinkle?

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It stands to reason that the supplier of these seat covers employs the same person to sew all of the driver seat bottoms, and the person doing the passenger side is doing a good job. The sewing work is definitely substandard, and any replacement cover installed will have come off the same sewing machine with the same results.
Personally, I'm behind you on this. Get it fixed correctly and don't take "good enough" as an answer.
For a truck approaching $100K quality issues like this should be handled long before it left the factory.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the question I have for the other members who have had Gen2s or 1s, was the leather always this soft? Is this normal for ford leathers to be this soft and easy to wrinkle?

I dont know about Raptor's but I've had 3 or 4 with leather and it was much more fitted. The leather has qualities of a pay for use Las Vegas back alley concubine; sloppy and loose.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Gen 2 leather seats are still tight and hardly any wear and no wrinkles after 70k miles. So no, that isn’t normal.