Seat cover wrinkles/Warranty issues...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had same issue. Passenger seat fine, driver seat has wrinkles. Went to dealership (in December) and they supposedly ordered me a new seat. They said replacing the cover would not look right. Also ordered me a new driver door panel (they put a 37 blue panel in my 35 - should have been grey). I will try and call today and see if parts have arrived. View attachment 343514
I've got the same type of wrinkle in my driver's seat. I haven't had any luck getting the dealership I bought it from to do anything at all for my truck, so I need to take it to another dealership and see what they say about it.

Attachments

• 20220103_151131.jpg
    20220103_151131.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 78

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my dealer, it’s not the cover but whatever clips it attaches it to that are broken and therefore all of it needs to be fixed/replaced (cover and clips).

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same winkle same spot. I know its a softer leather than the gen2 so some winkles are expected but that seems to be excessive. considering I only have 1500 miles on it that shouldn't be like that.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same spots/marks on my driver seat.
‘initial inquiry to service department was nothing they could do.

truck has 500 miles on it. Wish I would have caught it on day 1

raptoric93

Reaction score
This is ********. I own a high-end leather company and this wouldn't be acceptable coming out of my shop. Not saying these are that expensive, looks like a downgrade from the gen 2 seats. Idk how they even ship these trucks looking like this.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Wonder if something was placed on the seats while waiting for chips. If a number of members have the same imperfection.

Zev

Reaction score
The response from the service manager is idiotic at best. Car upholstery shops do this kind of work by hand everyday delivering quality results. I wouldn’t even let Ford mess with it, take it to an upholsterer and get it done correctly.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am also beginning to have the same wrinkle in the same spot as others, less than 500 miles. I will be taking it to a local dealer in the next week to check out. I expect some wear and wrinkles overtime, but its way to soon for that.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Take it apart and fix it yourself. That is just the work of some meat head mechanic who normally does transmissions who was told to figure out a seat cover,

I took my seat apart to fix my broken seat heater, I can guarantee, then the meat head mechanic to your seat apart, he ripped the tie down tabs out of the seat from, and now your cover has no "anchor" points to keep it tight.

You need to take it apart and see the damage they did, and do what you can to try and re-anchor the tie downs.