Positive SDHQ, ICON, and WSI review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where to start..

Around the time of SEMA, I emailed ICONrep (Brad) on the forum and started talking to him. Even though he was busy with SEMA he gave me his cell phone number and said to call. He took the time out of his busy day to talk to me and answered all my questions/concerns. I brought up the issues with top perch height setting and 2012 and up Raptors. And the issue with RCV axles was brought up. He made plans to install RCV axles and made changes to lower spring cups.
So two weeks ago I decided to go ahead and buy the ICON setup. So, I called SDHQ and worked with Jason. Meanwhile Brad had Dylan adjusted my shocks to be midperch height and installed modified lower spring cups. SDHQ processed my payment and there was a mix up with my custom shocks, so I only received power steering reservoir. I called Jason, and he called ICON.
ICON shipped the shocks out to me by Fedex next day air to make sure I received them Friday. Because I scheduled the install with WSI Saturday morning.
Friday afternoon everything arrived, and I couldn't sleep knowing the ICON goodness in the garage. I met up with WSI and Whtrapta Saturday morning. Brad had talked to WSI (jimmy) Friday night to go over the install. No surprises with installing ICON shocks.. Even with my trashed driver side lower rear shock mount where I bashed into something. Jimmy was incredibly professional and handled everything that came up. Doubled checking everything, going with me for first test drive. And both Jimmy and Cody went with me for the first airing the icons out!
Very impressive shocks, install and customer service by everyone involved.

The ride on the road is good if not better than stock on mid perch! Even without swaybar attached the icons up front control the body sway. Even driving with one side on the road and the other on the side of the unpaved shoulder. Completely smooth and stable at 60mph through the ruts, potholes, and dips!

I will be taking the out to the farm and get some go pro video. And do a side by side comparison video between stock and ICON 3.0...

I will be using ALL three of these FRF vendors! Thank you to everyone involved, Brad, Dylan, Jason, Jimmy, and Cody!

-Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter