School me on turn down / dumped exhausts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Psirus7

Reaction score
I’m dovetailing my 2018 truck in a few weeks with a high clearance rear bumper and need to get my exhaust sorted. It is as simple as taking my truck to a muffler shop and having them cut/turn/weld the exhaust down? Any benefits to a before or after the rear axle setup? Any thoughts on a KHC or other manufacturer high clearance kit? My spares are in the bed. Thanks!
-Sam

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the KHC hi clearance exhaust. Its a nice setup. Im sure a local shop could do the same but the KHC one is done and ready when it arrives and it bolts right in with a little bit of drilling to mount the new hangers.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
My exhaust didn't slide out when coming o er the axle, so had to cut it. Haven't had the time to mess with it yet, so it's just open. No turn down yet.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My exhaust didn't slide out when coming o er the axle, so had to cut it. Haven't had the time to mess with it yet, so it's just open. No turn down yet.
Make sure you turn it down.

We’ve roasted some rear wiring harnesses out here without a turn down.

Not much fun loosing your power windows, AC, radio and brake lights ha.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Make sure you turn it down.

We’ve roasted some rear wiring harnesses out here without a turn down.

Not much fun loosing your power windows, AC, radio and brake lights ha.

On my list of things to do for sure. Pesky work always getting in the way of Raptor mods.