Scab owners, are your rear doors fully bolted into the truck body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer opted to fix my door alignment while in the shop (doubtful it was bad at the time). Now it's definitely bad though... It sags about 1/16-1/8". I took a good look at the mounting mechanism to figure out how to fix it myself and came across this:

Top Flange:
kn94XYL.jpg

Bottom Flange:
kCpRmib.jpg

When the door is hinged out 45 degrees I can definitely see that flange peel away from the body. Lift up the corner of the door (i.e. reverse the sag) and it returns to flush with the body.

Is it like this for everyone? The top flange and bottom flange are missing the back bolts. Same for the passenger side door. As well, the body is not even drilled/tapped for the bolts.

(While I'm here, anyone have a good link explaining how to adjust those doors?)

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at my truck and they are the same as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that an 18? I think I'm looking at the same spot and mine have 2 bolts, 1 above the other. Not side to side as this appears.

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that an 18? I think I'm looking at the same spot and mine have 2 bolts, 1 above the other. Not side to side as this appears.
Mine is 2017.

2&4 and 6&8 are missing per the below:

Front|Rear
1 | 2
3 | 4

5 | 6
7 | 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Dogs

Reaction score
I looked at mine and the bottom is the same but the top is nothing like that. The flange is threaded and there are two bolt coming through the body.