S8 Amber Straight LED Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a S8 40" Light Bar to mount behind the grill. I have never hooked up any add on light to my truck in the 10 years I have had it. SO I have a install question for you guys. The kit Baja Designs says to use is listed below. Can i hook this up to my upfitter switches or do I have to drill hole in the dash Like it says to do? Thanks

S8 and OnX6 Laser Harness Instructions
64-0122

1712268390207.png

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious about needing a relay since all the upfitter circuits have relays from the factory. I've had my lights installed for 10+ years and I did not add relays, just used the pass thru wires and they work. What am I not understanding here?

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious about needing a relay since all the upfitter circuits have relays from the factory. I've had my lights installed for 10+ years and I did not add relays, just used the pass thru wires and they work. What am I not understanding here?
@pat247 So you are saying the wire behind the glove box is the load side of a relay. interesting...... If true. I didn't know this. I just assumed it would be the switch. @The Car Stereo Company can you confirm this.
My trucks previous owner added all the lights. So IDRK.

OP
OP
B boyes

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The description doesn't say anything about a relay included. What relay should I buy? and where do I install the relay at in the wiring circuit?

1712332849120.png

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

The S8 load (giggity) will blow (double giggity) the fuse. You wire the uplifter switch to power on the relay which will turn on the light. The light in turn would need to be connected to the battery. Or get a switch-pro.

There are a few threads that describe the way to wire the relay and uplifter switch.