Rust opinion please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had great luck with Rustoleum Rust Reformer spray paint to get your truck looking good again underneath. It comes in black, just clean things up as well as you can, then spray it black. I hand sanded off the rust I could get to. I did my axles and some other small pieces underneath that looked crappy as soon as I got my truck last year. I spent about an hour prepping and cleaning it up and then sprayed it. It still looks really good. It's SO easy, because it's already black.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
You should try Correseal . It is a rust converter. Easy to use. neutralizers rust turns black afterwards and then you can paint or just leave. Gallon jug about $45...you will love it...search the threads I have pictures.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got $100 that says that truck was built in winter in Dearborn and had a QC issue and saw a bit of road time up there and was never washed underneath after the QC finished...Excessive, sure, I have less and I an in NJ and OBX and live in the salt, I wouldn’t worry, wire brush, fluid film, move on.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello - I have a 19 Raptor with 10k miles and noticed that rust is appearing on the belly. Dealer says this is surface only, no big deal, and not to worry about it. Thoughts?
The dealer is an idiot that might as be selling and servicing Chinese bikes!!

you need to use AMSOIL metal rust protectant!! Best product and peace of mind that money can buy! You buy a few cans, and spray every metal part under the truck!! Do this at every other oil change!! You will not have any more surface rust!!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score