Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt7

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2010 scab Raptor with 75,000 miles on it. While changing the headlights on the passenger side this rust spot became visible. This is the only area on the truck that appears to have rust. Is this the radiator support area or front part of frame? I am not quite sure. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7798.jpeg
    IMG_7798.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7799.jpeg
    IMG_7799.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 49

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2010 scab Raptor with 75,000 miles on it. While changing the headlights on the passenger side this rust spot became visible. This is the only area on the truck that appears to have rust. Is this the radiator support area or front part of frame? I am not quite sure. Thanks
Welcome and looks like surface. Is this a salt country truck? I would sand it down and prime/paint. Was this the only side or when you had the other headlight out was there any?

OP
OP
svt7

svt7

Reaction score
The truck came out of New Mexico. So I think that’s where most of it originated from. It was only that one side, the other was fine. I will definitely sand it down and prime/paint it. Overall the truck is in great condition.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure where the cap or coolant bottle is on the Gen 1, but is it possible there was an extended coolant leak dripping on that area and causing the corrosion?

OP
OP
svt7

svt7

Reaction score
I’m definitely now leaning towards it being a leak of some sort from the past. This is the underside of that area.

Attachments

• IMG_8055.jpeg
    IMG_8055.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8057.jpeg
    IMG_8057.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 8