Runningboard delamination on a 2012 raptor. Can this be stripped and coated with something like rhino lining material?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I did my own with Raptor liner 2k, sprayed both sides, plan on 3-4 shaker cans. Came out excellent with the spray can, but stripping the original liner off is a giant pain in the arse. I ended up using an air chisel to get most of it off, then wire wheel/nylon grit wheel. Strippers didn’t work, sanding was slow. It took days… I was around $150 into it. I would pay triple that to not do it again.…Take it to a line-x dealer.

bprsnt

Reaction score
It is written.
2012 running boards must never be touched or modified in any way.

OP
OP
D

Drgrill

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But since I own them I think I can do what I want with them I think I’ll take them off and ask for a price from the rhino liner guy. My first quote from the Rino liner guy is $400 I don’t think he wanted to do it.
I’ll probably strip them prime them and coat them myself. I’m retired I don’t have much in the way of important things to do anyway.

bprsnt

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But since I own them I think I can do what I want with them I think I’ll take them off and ask for a price from the rhino liner guy. My first quote from the Rino liner guy is $400 I don’t think he wanted to do it.
I’ll probably strip them prime them and coat them myself. I’m retired I don’t have much in the way of important things to do anyway.
Was just kidding.
That's what I did with my 2014.
Just stripped them myself with a wire wheel on a grinder. Rolled them with Rust-Oleum Automotive Truck Bed Coating.
Turned out really good.