Running C load rated tires on a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like max weight/load for the tire @35 PSI is 2,405lbs.

Has anyone been running C load rated tires on their raptor for any real amount of time?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe running 35 psi will cause your TPMS warning indicator to come on as your TPMS is set at 44psi. There's no way to adjust the psi in the Ford TPMS system.

Looks like max weight/load for the tire @35 PSI is 2,405lbs.

Has anyone been running C load rated tires on their raptor for any real amount of time?

Last edited:

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got about 7000 miles on my C rated MTR's and they are great. I run 40 psi and have towed up to 5500lbs with them with no issues.

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe running 35 psi will cause your TPMS warning indicator to come on as your TPMS is set at 44psi. There's no way to adjust the psi in the Ford TPMS system.

You would think right, until i clicked ok on the first 4 start ups then it went away for 3 days. Now its back again.. lol

Only going to have this issue for a few more days, i ordered a set of D load MTR's to put on this week hopefully. Now i just need to sell these C load tires so i can get a damn ADD front bumper.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

TPMS should be right around 30psi if not exactly at.

It goes off at 35 unfortunately on the 12's at least. :( I have been making sure they stay at 35, i dont feel like running them over that at this point as they dont seem to heat up at speed or after long trips. Plus the numbers all check out at 35psi, 2450 max load per tire at 35psi.

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like at least two distributers dont have stock in D laod rated MTR's, and the goodyear folks are saying they dont have any either until the next production run.

Looks like i will be rolling on my C's for a while longer. :(

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new production run of D rated tires has started, I called them today.. I think I am going with MTR, they weigh 74 lbs.. the Toyo over 82..