37" E Rated Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwolff23

Reaction score
Greetings All,

I now have about 2 months on my 2022 and ready to upgrade the 35's to 37 inch'ers. I wanted the 37 package originally but do not love the blue interior, so I opted for the 35's with the intention to upgrade them. I am going to take the opportunity to replace the wheels with something a bit more to my liking, either an 18" or a 20" wheel with the 37's. Something that fills out the tire a bit more.

My question for those owners who are currently running E rated tires in a 37" size, ideally with an 18" or 20" wheel, how have you found the ride quality in comparison to the OEM C load rating? I understand they are going to be inherently stiffer by design. But aired down to say, something like 30-32PSI cold, how do they compare in ride comfort to something like the C load range on the Raptor?

I am looking at AT style tires, not mud terrains. There is a recent thread from another poster on AT recommendations, but my question is more related to the ride quality of E rated AT tires compared with C load ratings. Look forward to reading some opinions and experiences.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Aired down the E's are more comfortable than aired up. I've had both C and E and I'm probably one of the few that prefer a D or E over C. The C always felt a little too squishy for my liking. But they did eat up small bumps better.

OP
OP
D

Dwolff23

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience. What wheel size would you or have you run? Any opinions based on feedback from customers on whether a 20" on a 37" aired down would negatively affect the ride? Understanding of course that the E will give up some of that small road crack like compliance and not be quite as cushy. I share the same opinion as others that have posted here. I think a 37 on 17"s on these trucks look a bit too balloonish.

Thanks again!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've actually never had anything but a 17" on my Raptors. With the right air pressure I'm confident you could make the 20" ride pretty well. Especially if you do a 37 on a 20"

OP
OP
D

Dwolff23

Reaction score
Thanks! For comparison I have been running 40psi at temp (35 cold) on the current 35" C KO2's. So hope 35-38psi at temp on an E would net only slightly harsher. Not how much lower one could go without really increasing the premature wear rate.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I had 37 " X 18" wheels/Nitto trail grapplers load range E on my 2020. I definitely noticed more wheel hop and vibration than I did with c rated KO2's. I aired mine down to 34-35 PSI and it greatly helped. I would assume the Gen 3 could handle better due to the better back end suspension.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have D rated 37s on stock 17” beadlock wheel for the raptor. Rides like butter at 38 psi.

On my TRX I have 2 sets of E rated 37” tires on 20” wheels. BFG KO2 and Falken Wildpeak AT. Both at 37 PSI. The Wildpeaks are better at absorbing the small bumps and are overall a smoother tire. I am going to try and air down the KO2s to 34 or 33 PSI and see how they feel.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aired down the E's are more comfortable than aired up. I've had both C and E and I'm probably one of the few that prefer a D or E over C. The C always felt a little too squishy for my liking. But they did eat up small bumps better.
I felt the squish on the C load also. Very noticeable in turns.