RPG's new Steering Tie Rods!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i forwarded this discussion to a good friend of mine that is a mechanical engineer who also studied physics and aerospace engineering. he worked as an automotive engineer for a distributor for Ford(can't say who). he is very familiar with the basic principals of thread strength and material strength. he is also very interested in seeing the test results.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
They Should be at Bickford Mon-Tue. Cant wait to get the pics of them on your rig.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I'll Just add them to your tab:waytogo:

X2?

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All right guys. I was up at RaptorAddicts shop today installing his stage 3 kit and Tie Rods. We were also teaching him the install process as he will now be our Los Angeles certified install shop for all your RPG needs.

What is great about RaptorAddicts shop is it's also a body shape, with a frame straightener. I brought with me my video camera, Stock Tie Rod and RPG Tie Rod. The plan was simple, hook each one up to the frame straightener and see which one yanked out first.

The problem was (for this project at least) Kirk (raptoraddict) had a ton of customers in there. Needless to say, we didn't feel comfortable with the possibility of a projectile going flying through the spray booth and into god knows what else. That leaves us now with the question, what is the best way to try to stretch and break these things short of hooking them up with a chain to a light pole and the tow hitch of the truck and just pinning it?

I'm open to all suggestions. Regardless of the outcome, this should be fun to see.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stop talking about my "Body Shape." It's my shop we're talking about. And yes, we can pull the tie-rods on the frame rack to find out, but only when I'm closed. You guys just need to stand on both sides to catch the flying pieces. I don't want 20,000 lbs of force hitting my walls. Thanks.

BTW. My truck steers nice and tight with no play in the steering. We'll find out the rest on Sunday.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why ruin one of those purdy tie rods!? I'm confident that Jarrett and Corey have put together a product proved in much harsher situations than what we'll ever push the Raptors through.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stop talking about my "Body Shape." It's my shop we're talking about. And yes, we can pull the tie-rods on the frame rack to find out, but only when I'm closed. You guys just need to stand on both sides to catch the flying pieces. I don't want 20,000 lbs of force hitting my walls. Thanks.

BTW. My truck steers nice and tight with no play in the steering. We'll find out the rest on Sunday.

Oops, my bad. thats what I get for typing to fast. But your body is a temple and everyone knows it.:peace:

Dope, it back on then. We will weight the chain down and bubble wrap the hell out of everything just in case.

It's crazy how big of a difference the steering is with them on. Probably one of the most noticeable mods done.

I'll call ya to reschedule.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Why ruin one of those purdy tie rods!? I'm confident that Jarrett and Corey have put together a product proved in much harsher situations than what we'll ever push the Raptors through.

You are correct sir. But anytime I get a chance to destroy something I will jump at the chance.:Grenade:

Cant wait for Sunday. Lots of pics and video.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Just wrap me in bubble wrap and I will jump in front of the tie rod as it flies across the shop!!

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wrap me in bubble wrap and I will jump in front of the tie rod as it flies across the shop!!

It just took me almost a minute to stop laughing at this. Bubble wrap test dummy for a free Tie Rod. Might be worth it just for the laugh factor.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when can i get a install on the TR.
I just did the leaf springs in my garage and even 2 monkeys can do it.
and i don't even have tools ;)