RPG Traction Bars Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my bad.
For those that have the icons, you have to option for the icon spacer. Essentially a 1 inch billet block spacer located between the new strike plate and your leafs. I found this out after purchasing, and I’m not a fan of adding another inch of rake to a truck I already near leveled to the stance I want.

These are the best looking, but unfortunately won’t work for us Icon already equipped bois. I have mine listed on eBay.

Last edited:

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add to all this, I really feel like the spacer was a lazy move from RPG. You should of dropped the rear mounting point or made a longer shackle in the front mount instead of just adding a 1 inch spacer. Slightly disappointed considering how high quality the rest of the kit is.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so ICONs are on but my RPG traction bars make contact with the springs. What's the deal here?
My shop installing has had the same problems and have the ICONs. RPG still hasn’t done a damn thing to improve the situation, even after all the complaints, AND making it specific to what leads you are running.
So my shop calls and speaks with technical support, and they said RPG acted like they didn’t know anything about needing shorter nuts in front mount to avoid hitting spring mount, and the blocks they sent don’t come with longer pins and holes for alignment pins are too small in diameter and need to be drilled out.
Apparently the blocks still need to be installed to avoid conflict of the arm with the springs?? That raises my truck another 1” in the rear, so now I need to go to 7” shackles to get it down more. Damn it RPG!

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have the icons, you have to option for the icon spacer. Essentially a 1 inch billet block spacer located between the new strike plate and your leafs. I found this out after purchasing, and I’m not a fan of adding another inch of rake to a truck I already near leveled to the stance I want.

These are the best looking, but unfortunately won’t work for us Icon already equipped bois. I have mine listed on eBay.
So, I’m in the same boat. My shop(very capable) attempted install, but had to stop and has delayed 2x already. Still don’t have them on due to conflicts with springs at ends of bars and RPG Rep on phone was clueless!!

My stance is perfect right now, with Camburg 6” shackles before install done, but have to go to 7” Foutz MS shackles due to the RPG block….some damn instructions would have been nice to tell us about the 1” increase ahead of buying or attempting install!

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and making me regret making the choice I did.
You have a few options. You can hack the lower end, dropping the rear spindle lower to do something similar to a spacer but instead of raising the truck up, it drops the attachment point by an inch.

The draw backs are that it will reduce ground clearance, and of coarse require some cuting of the bracket and welding of material after extension of one inch.

The other solution is to sell them ( you will lose a couple hundred bucks) but on the bright side you’ll still be able to sell for a good amount and your help support a member with their future build.

I’m going SVC on mine, especially now that I’m working with Goose on a tune.

Oh you can also get new leafs but who wants to do that…