RPG Traction Bars Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do anyone have installation instructions for RPG Traction Bars? I e-mailed the company and they pointed me to a marketing video. I would prefer step by step instructions so I don't screw it up. :rolleyes:

Rap19

Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing. There are no instructions. The factory leaf spring rear 2.5 inch lift block ,which has the landing pad built in for the oem bump stops will not work and will have to be replace or heavily modified by trimming. It also looks like you will have to get a after marked bump stop kit from RPG because you will not have a landing pad for the oem bump stops. None of this was disclosed on their web site or videos I watched from RPG. If you have after market rear springs ( like Deavers ) you don't need the factory lift block that came with the truck. This is not my situation.. I have stock leaf springs on my truck and I ordered traction bars for oem leaf springs which is not a simple bolt on process. So.. my very expensive traction bar kit is sitting in a box and may just be a big waste of money... Still looking for a solution though.

Rap19

Reaction score
I just received this email from RPG. They do respond to my questions and are very nice and professional.I think they need to have more information on what is needed and involved with this modification.

So it doesn't require the use of our bump stop kit, and you should be able to maintain that stock bump pad that is on the stock leaf block.

It should just be grinding and cutting the under side of the stock block in order to allow it to sit in the strike plate correctly.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused during the installation process, please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Thank you

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few months back I installed a set of SVC bars on my Gen1 with +3 Deavers. I think most of these companies assume shops are going to install them. I got good support from SVC and they answered all my questions but there was no instructions included. The SVC kit has weld-in front spring perch brackets too so there is a lot of work involved. It came out really nice and wasn't hard to do but a basic torque spec sheet would have been really nice.

The RPG kit seems to be all bolt-in. I would get everything bolted in first. Bug them for torque specs or just Google it based on fastener size and grade. Put the truck up about 1/2 way through its travel then connect the bar to the axle. Adjust the front spherical ball joint for fitment then bolt in. I used a paint pen on all the fasteners and marked them once torqued. Easy to see if things have loosened up, especially the fasteners for the bar pivot points.

Rap19

Reaction score
I ordered a set of oem gen 2 raptor rear leaf spring blocks ($100) to try to cut down / grind to fit. Since I don't have thicker aftermarket leaf springs or relocated bump stops I have no choice but to try to modify oem blocks in order to keep a good contact point for the bumps.... If I mess up I will still have the original blocks that came with truck.
Thanks for the input.
1624393321622.jpegThis is the block that bottom has to be cut or ground flat

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris Mies

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of oem gen 2 raptor rear leaf spring blocks ($100) to try to cut down / grind to fit. Since I don't have thicker aftermarket leaf springs or relocated bump stops I have no choice but to try to modify oem blocks in order to keep a good contact point for the bumps.... If I mess up I will still have the original blocks that came with truck.
Thanks for the input.
View attachment 212707This is the block that bottom has to be cut or ground flat

Please post pictures of your mod.

Rap19

Reaction score
1624396700662.jpeg

Only have the front mount for the drivers side installed. Required two more holes in the frame to secure. Rear leaf block modification is my next task.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Don't really understand why these shops can't write an instruction sheet with pictures as it takes a little time but it's not that difficult and would help their customers out tremendously.

I just don't get it.