RPG Texas Raptor Run 2014: On Topic Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's really self explanatory when you get there. It's basically to keep the faster people in front so they aren't being slowed down. Everyone runs at their own pace at TRR. If you picked too high of a classification Just move down a group on the next lap, same if you end up being faster than you though, just move up a class next lap.

The main thing is to just get out there in the class you think you will run in and just drive at your own pace. If someone catches you, pull over and let them pass. If you catch someone, flash your lights, and wait till they let you pass. The main thing is drive in your comfort zone. Nobody cares at all if they pass someone.

Picking Your Class

If you are new, or have been before and decided not to listen to the instructions in the driver's meeting - this is for you:

Last year I was in a lower class group on the first morning. All along the track people were pulling over for faster vehicles (including myself). Others were passing people appropriately by coming close and/or flashing their lights (including myself). But then there were the people witnessing this and even passing other trucks, BUT they would not pull over for anyone!!! It was very dusty and impossible to stay behind someone for too long. I tried everything to get this driver to pull over - riding close, honking, flashing my 50", 40" 20", another 20", HID roof mounts, and 4 Dually's. I kept backing way off and then trying again. I finally let other trucks pass me to see what they could do. Again this driver would not yield to anyone, but continued to pass other trucks as they politely pulled over. The checkpoint was the only thing that got this guy off the track.

Oh yeah, this guy was driving incredibly fast (30 mph).

PLEASE DO NOT be that driver at TRR 2014. Drive to your ability, but respect the rest of us who paid to drive at our ability!

Also, be patient when passing. There are some areas that it's not safe to pull over or there's too much brush/rocks/trees. But there are also plenty of wide, safe areas along the track.

:Rant:

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
What if there are areas of the track you just want to play around in and you don't want to just keep going around? Can we just hang out in some areas where it's open?

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What if there are areas of the track you just want to play around in and you don't want to just keep going around? Can we just hang out in some areas where it's open?

The pure answer is no! I think there might be some exceptions - say pulling over far from the track and taking pics, or grabbing a soda, or taking a ****. There is NO driving around off the track (or the ranch's gravel roads, unless they are marked as part of the track).

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will be in the c class. (although i dont know if vendors have a class) my truck is completely stock and i do not know the track. if i find that my sideways behavior is faster, then i will move up. but since the only mod to my truck is mid and a front bumper, i am planning on being able to drive my truck home.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i will be in the c class. (although i dont know if vendors have a class) my truck is completely stock and i do not know the track. if i find that my sideways behavior is faster, then i will move up. but since the only mod to my truck is mid and a front bumper, i am planning on being able to drive my truck home.

I appreciate your common sense intent, but like many plans, when put into action, they don't actually survive! :sad72:

The best thing you can do is treat the first lap as a pre-run of the track. No matter what class you choose, it's your driving that can keep you safe or destroy your truck. Most people damage their truck with no other truck in sight. Carnage happens at 20 mph or 80 mph, there's no discrimination.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i can't remember what class i picked but i think it was B class for this slow ass. but for most of the weekend you'll find me parked somewhere taking pictures of you crazy people beating your truck or in the garage helping TMX or RPG do installs. but don't worry Dunkoe Photography will be in full force making sure we get those perfect shots for everyone!:biggun: