RPG raceline how-to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone reuse the front tow hooks on the raceline or the trophy? I notice there's holes drilled in the bumper where it attaches to the frame on my new trophy front bumper. Just curious if anyone has done this and if so how did you bolt the tow hooks on there? (I haven't put my bumper on yet)

OP
OP
pat'sRAPTOR

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know you can use them but I'm not too sure how. I wanna say that they can be attached the same way with the inserts that the hooks bolt to if that makes sense. They would go inside the bumoer frame and stick out to attach the hooks to

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea makes sense. Im just wondering how to get the bolts started threading into the insert. Since the insert would be inside the frame and the bumper would be covering the frame opening. If that makes any sense. I suck at explaining stuff on here. Maybe I'll figure it out once I actually start bolting it on. I probably won't even need them but just as sure as I don't put them on ill get stuck and have to be pulled from the front..

D

Deleted member 12951

I reused a hole that was already there and then drilled one more hole. The frame raises up towards the back so inside I used a large oversize nut to keep the stock plate with those two nuts level and a washer. This is if you have to cut your horns off. Here is a pic of what I have now. If you need close ups I will need take them for you.

e54040cfc5b05a1fc79b437c61f65ad1.jpg

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I half way copied you lol. I just fished the insert through the frame and put one bolt through it. I already had my bumper bolted on and wasn't about to take it off. I figure one bolt will do for now. The hook won't really turn that much either because the back of it is butted up flat to the frame. Works for me. I hope I won't have to pull from the front anyways

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for that. I half way copied you lol. I just fished the insert through the frame and put one bolt through it. I already had my bumper bolted on and wasn't about to take it off. I figure one bolt will do for now. The hook won't really turn that much either because the back of it is butted up flat to the frame. Works for me. I hope I won't have to pull from the front anyways

So your tow hooks are only secured with one bolt? Ouch, I definitely don't want to be the one pulling you out with those. I would plan on one day to add that 2nd bolt.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your tow hooks are only secured with one bolt? Ouch, I definitely don't want to be the one pulling you out with those. I would plan on one day to add that 2nd bolt.

yea i will get around to it one day. im currently figuring out a way to do it without removing the bumper. ill drill a hole for the other bolt and then if i have to just drill one more hole on the side of the frame so i can use my finger to guide the insert and start threading the bolt into it. installing that bumper by myself without scuffing it was hard enough that i dont care to do it again

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just thought Id let you know, I fixed this problem today lol. Drilled two new holes, have one bolt through the bumper and frame, one bolt through only the frame, and leveled with washers. The front of the tow hook sits about flush with the chopped off frame horns. So it's in a good usable spot also. Thanks for calling me out on that! Much more confident in them now