Rpg drop shackles, advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
E7876C21-185F-41D0-956E-96D66ABF5FAD.jpeg I’m in the middle of installing my deaver +3s and rpg drop shackles that I painted with steel-it. The drop shackles don’t reuse oem hardware. What size bolt do I need? I don’t know why they wouldn’t include them! Now that I’m committed to finishing this I have to use the oem shackles. Can the drop shackles be put on without removing the leaf springs? Would have been so much easier if I could put them on now!! Advice please.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
why wouldnt you reuse the shackle hardware?

To get the factory springs out, you generally cut the front bolt to avoid having to drop the gas tank, but everyone I've seen just reuses the shackle hardware.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why wouldnt you reuse the shackle hardware?

To get the factory springs out, you generally cut the front bolt to avoid having to drop the gas tank, but everyone I've seen just reuses the shackle hardware.
I cut the front bolt and used the one deaver supplies. The shackles are at the rear, oem hardware is too large in diameter to fit though the rpg shackles

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the SDHQ longer shackles and used the OEM hardware...sound like if RPG requires special bolts they forgot to included them with the shackles...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
either that, or they sent you gen1 shackles by mistake.

the sdhq, camburg and svc shackles all use the OEM bolts. ( which fit without issue.)

have you tried scraping the powdercoat out of the bolt holes on the shackles to see if the bolts fit?

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
either that, or they sent you gen1 shackles by mistake.

the sdhq, camburg and svc shackles all use the OEM bolts. ( which fit without issue.)

have you tried scraping the powdercoat out of the bolt holes on the shackles to see if the bolts fit?
It’s far from fitting oem hardware. I had to use the oem shackles. I was tempted to drill out the holes but I painted shackles with Steel-it prior and I didn’t have time for fresh paint to cure if I drilled them out.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just spoke to the guys a Rpg. Looks like I got gen1 shackles, they are sending me new bushings and I have to drill out the holes on the spring side. Would have been nice to have to correct ones to begin with.

OP
OP
Wfo

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was shipped shackles for gen1, my last truck. Rpg did me a solid and shipped out new bushings for the gen2, I opted to drill out the holes instead of having them ship new ones to swap.