RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a ham yes I am but not on the radio. who would have thought it be this difficult lol. I might just end up borrowing one yet. the local guy said I could borrow one from him for the run and then I would have what I need for home? but I would rather get one that would work for both if possible than I"m covered.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We were looking into one that did it all including monitoring the cb stations... Ham was our only route

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

jjwpgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go HAM... does that count? You're instantly my friend if you know what I'm talking about

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya sorry.

It will do

Transmits 2M/440 plus full 136-174/420-490Mhz for Authorized users.

50W VHF/35W UHF with lower power settings

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks it sound complicated lol so am I back to square one. maybe I should just get the VHF and use that on the farm. if I didn't need 10+ radios wouldn't be that hard of a decision. I'll start with the one and try to get a few later but I want what will work the best also.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Wow, don't know how I missed this. Hope it goes well and they plan a 2014 run.

RW and Joe think they will only do it once haha they will love it so much will have to do it at least once a year. but it definitely has to be (if others do it) later in the season. middle of June or later but before September lol.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Except that RW and Joe move every couple years, and don't know until last minute where the next job is. We don't own South Dakota, someone else could always put on an equally awesome trip next year, heck they can even call it a buffalo run ;-)

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2