Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

RPG air bump stop and bed liner

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by zx14teryx, Jan 18, 2021.

1. flynford

flynford Member

I see, perhaps this is a Gen-2 requirement; for which, I don't recall having to do this on my Gen-1 and got lucky with the tank loosening to swing it out of the way. Only had to disconnect the electrical connection for good measure as it got a little tight when swinging it a smidge.

2. Seartrip

Seartrip Full Access Member

I have RPG bump stops on my 17 Gen 2. In my case, there was no way to get the crossbar under the bed without loosening the bed. For some reason, my bed bolts wouldn't move, and rather than tear them up or ruin any more forged Torx bits I decided to leave the bed alone. The only thing interfering with my inserting the cross bar was a pinch lip under the aluminum bed. So I used a cutoff wheel to remove about a 2 inch section of that aluminum lip, and the bar went right in with no fuss. Once installed, I took a small piece of aluminum flat stock and riveted it over the lip cutout. Painted with the same undercoat as my wheel wells, it looks completely factory. Probably took 15 minutes all in. Never notice it.

zx14teryx likes this.